Honored Contributor

Re: Models: hands in pants' pockets

[ Edited ]

I love having pockets in pants or sometimes kangaroo pockets in sweatshirt type tops and definitely blazers/jackets. No pockets can mean no purchase for me.

When models put their hands in pockets, they're maybe showing that pockets do exist, but agree no need to keep them there. I need long sleeves for my ape arms. I'll decide if I push them up or not. Models do need to show actual sleeve length. That's no time to be self-stylers.

A sign of hands in pockets could also be making up for a bad fit...maybe bulging pockets because pants are too tight. Pushing up sleeves could be a sign they're too long or too short.

The size charts are not to be trusted. After too many returns, no clothes from Q unless a brand I've worn and know the size that fits. 

Contributor

I agree with all you gals. Another thing that drives me nuts is that half tuck. To me it throws the the line of the garment out of whack. I'd rather see a side tuck. That front tuck also looks like the top got stuck after a trip to the ladies room.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with @hyacinth003 on her comments.  Plus, I want to see hands in pants pockets and not in pockets.  Both!   I won't buy a pair of pants that doesn't have pockets, but definitely want to know if the pockets flare out when a model walks, or lay flat on the hip, etc.

And, I agree about models' long hair covering collars.  But what I absolutely hate is when there's a huuuge scarf on a blouse or sweater.  I'm very fussy about necklines, and I want to see the neckline.  Please.   Don't hide a neckline with a scarf or hair!

My complaints are not for QVC alone.  I see these same errors in catalogs and HSN.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

SHANUS:

Yes, it seems to be a definite 'cover up'.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

Totally agree about the models hands in the pockets.It looks stupid.The hosts should mention the item has pockets.Another thing with the zippers not up.Mant times the item is far too small,please put the right size on them.I know they all want the smallest size on!

Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50 absolutely agree with you on wanting to see the outerwear closed up AND I want to know if they are wearing their regular size.

So many times the presentation shows a jacket open and I can't get a true understanding of the fit. Well actually if it's obvious that it won't close that does tell me something.

Occasional Contributor

WHY are especially the female hosts this year (2024) standing with their hand in their pocket? It's very obvious and looks unnatural. And please stop standing what ,looks to be pigeon toed ... it happens on hsn too. Hosts... think about that ... just stand normal.