Honored Contributor

Models: hands in pants' pockets

I was looking at some pants QVC was selling earlier today.

The model kept her hands in the pockets and I couldn't see if the pockets were bulging, or gaped when she moved.

Why do the models always walk around with their hands in the pockets - or their arms over the side seams.  I can't get a good look at the garment's construction.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Models: hands in pants' pockets

@ALRATIBA  Agree.  Hosts with hands in their pockets too.

Valued Contributor

I agree with that along with models and hosts always pushing the sleeve up on every top, sweater and even outer wear jackets.  I don't think many people walk around with the jacket/coat sleeves pushed up in cold weather.  You can't see what the garment looks like "as is". 

Honored Contributor

And when they model outerwear unbuttoned or unzipped.  I want to see the item when it's closed.

Valued Contributor

It's good to see someone who feels as I do. It's not natural to stand or walk around with your hands in your pockets all the time. It just looks silly to me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Since so many customers kept asking for pockets, Q is giving themm some. The problem is that if the models leave their hands in the pockets the viewers can't tell what the pants look like on. It's driving me crazy. I want to see what I am buying. The models don't need to leave their hands inside the pockets for so long. I have a similar issue with the modeling of shoes. Models do these motions with the shoes and I can't really see whet the shoes look like on them. The same thing with stylists covering tops with jackets so the top for sale is not fully visible. There's also the squishing upward of sleeves. I want to see the sleeves. I also want to see the full back of garments and for more that a brief period. The biggest issue is how far away the camera is from the items on screen. I should be able to clearly see what I'm getting. A shot taken frim many feet away with a very brief close up of a portion of a garment does not give me a clear idea of what the item really looks like. LET US SEE WHAT WE ARE BUYING.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I agree.  I also wish they would show the outfits on the models from behind. I need to know how the item fits the rear and legs. The models always turn for a split second, all the while seeming to look at themselves in the monitor, and rapidly turn back around without even showing the full back.  

Respected Contributor

@D Kay wrote:

I agree with that along with models and hosts always pushing the sleeve up on every top, sweater and even outer wear jackets.  I don't think many people walk around with the jacket/coat sleeves pushed up in cold weather.  You can't see what the garment looks like "as is". 

@D Kay 

THANK YOU for saying this.  If an item has long sleeves, it is designed that way for a reason.  I want to see it LONG SLEEVED.  I just never push sleeves up on my clothes.  If someone does - fine.  But the garment IS long sleeved and should be shown as such.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

And when they model outerwear unbuttoned or unzipped.  I want to see the item when it's closed.

@kaydee50 

YES!  Show it buttoned and unbuttoned.  You can tell on some models that unbuttoned means too small.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

i agree with what has been mentioned so far, and i would like to add one more suggestion:

the models should be required to wear their hair "up" and off the shoulders.  i am always straining to see exactly what the neckline looks like.  i really look dreadful in too wide of a neckline and sometimes i just can't tell.