Valued Contributor

Re: Models Jackie and Deanna

@corita wrote:

@Quse wrote:

I caught a few minutes of Amy's show last night, which I don't usually watch. Amy and the models were talking back and forth about the product and I thought it was nice. It has to be pretty boring to just stand there while everyone around you blabbers on about what you're wearing. I found it refreshing because these models have many items on all day long. I'd like to hear their take on an item, personally

----------------------

But,  I take their comments with a huge grain of salt.  I wonder.....they are there to sell and would they actually say..."I hate this dress/shirt/shoes"????  I think the same thought when watching a Q food show.  Are the food show hosts going to say they hate the product and spit it out?? 

@corita Now THAT would be fun! Smiley Very Happy

Frequent Contributor

Jackie, Deanna, both Maria's, Brenda, and Jessica are all awesome models and people. I love having their input on what they are wearing.  I personally think it adds something to the shows to have the models participate.

Trusted Contributor

Personally I'd rather they just show the clothing - but this is all pre planned. They probably think it is cool and unique to have the models participate. I find it annoying and just mute them.

Frequent Contributor

On Amy's show the models are miked so that they can talk with the host.   I used to have a problem with it, but they have changed  one of the models which is better.   But I do have a problem with Deanna who wants all of the best clothes that makes her look  better than the others.  She is constantly checking herself out on the monitors.

Honored Contributor

Kate, Deanna, Jackie, and Maria are my favs.  All the models seem nice, but their personalities seem to come across to me better.

Regular Contributor

I find it to be very distracting. That is the reason I don't watch anymore. It seems that the models are competing with each other to see who is the funniest who gets more screen time.
Respected Contributor

@Quse wrote:

I caught a few minutes of Amy's show last night, which I don't usually watch. Amy and the models were talking back and forth about the product and I thought it was nice. It has to be pretty boring to just stand there while everyone around you blabbers on about what you're wearing. I found it refreshing because these models have many items on all day long. I'd like to hear their take on an item, personally

It may get pretty boring, but that is the JOB of a model.

I don't feel sorry for them!  All jobs have issues.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

Personally, I love it when Jacqui and Deanna are on together. I understand they are best friends, and their easy back and forth with each other on some of the shows tells this. I think they're both terrific - and great at what they do! Smiley Happy

@beach-mom

The thing is . . . do they live there?

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986

I agree, I love to hear  the models  opinions on the items they are modeling.  Especially if they are around my size.  I think it speaks alot about QVC that their employees are happy and that QVC let's them enjoy their time on air.  I like all of the models but have to say Deanna is my favorite, I think she is a doll.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

They are my two favorite models and actually seem like the type of people I would actually be friends with. They look like they would be a lot of fun to just hang with.  I don’t consider them to be a distraction at all and actually like it when they get thrown into the mix. But that’s just me.