Frequent Contributor

My friends used to call me a QVC Queen. The neighbors thought I was running a home business the UPS man was here so often.... but over the last 5 years or so my buying has tapered off considerable. I didn't realize how much I miss the past products, prices and quality of QVC until I was surfing through channels this weekend and happened to catch some of the Jewelry Designer gallery.

Once upon a time QVC offered great products I couldn't get anywhere else... Birkenstock styles only on QVC - gone........ whimsical and fun Quacker Factory now all gone sparkle and shine...... Honora jewelry that was trendy but quality - too much bronze these days for me..... Kathy Van Zeeland handbags.....

Where once I could always be assured of finding something unique and different at a reasonable price, now it's a surprise when it happens. I was pleasantly surprised this weekend when I found two such items but it has also made me nostalgic for days gone by....

Valued Contributor

Re: Missing past products.....

I am in exactly in the same boat. The lack of variety of items I used to purchase is gone. I used to buy lots of collectibles, dolls and items that no one else seemed to offer. Very seldom do I see any items that I just must have. Too bad...

Contributor

I totally agree. What happened to their quality? It seems I have had my head beneath a rock for only a couple of years to return and find the products feeling cheap except they aren't inexpensive out of pocket at all for the cheap quality they are offering! So much of my homes had been full of QVC goods mostly with shop NBC running a close second. They used to have the most amazing things and gorgeous Tiffany Lamps. Now I can't even find a decent weight cotton spandex t shirt or sweater! What the heck happened??? Even HSN is looking better to me lately. It's so sad. The jewelry is not enticing me....and my shopping has only just continued a couple of weeks ago and sadly don't see it lasting unless its only to tune in for an IT Cosmetics Special value. I'm mourning so so many clothes I have parted with now. Where is that long fleece cape they used to have with a hood? Really needed one of those this year and can't find it anywhere. This is what happens when you move two thousand miles and now can't replace anything. Smiley Sad

Regular Contributor

I agree and miss many product lines of yore. I miss some of the ones you mentioned and more. I just don't watch as much or buy as much..It needs to be new, make sense and be reasonably priced for me..not so much a fad or trend..We can hope it will swing back to us again...Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

I couldn't agree more with the posts. I too miss the shows that had some meaning and with all sorts of selection. Days are gone for collectables and specialty shows, like Kirks Folly (which were always fun) with all that Fairie Dust sprinkled around, can't help but wonder if some of it was still there sparkling! Smiley Happy But it's way to same old same old shows. D&B, Judith Ripka, Vionic shoes, it seems like they are always on. And as far as the Garden show not much there either. I mean $89.00 for a metal pin wheel? Prices are way of the chart, and the s&h may be less, but it's hidden in the price of the merchandise now. Now I'm just focusing on paying down my Q card, and only buy when I absolutely run out of a couple beauty products. And if I find them elsewhere for a better price, in the b&m stores, I won't be buying.

Valued Contributor

I miss Sport Savvy but as you said I mostly miss the variety.The hosts seem to have become more aggressive and loud,not to mention the dancing and foolishness.I like fun and silliness but when I am planing on spending my money on an expensive clothing line,I expect professionalism.Also I agree with you on Quacker Factory,it has become so gaudy,when Jean was in charge,it was a fun line but...not always covered with glitter and stones.So I don't even watch the shows anymore.It lacks style so they cover the fabric with glitter!!I almost forgot,Modern Soul..I have two sweater sets,that have been washed many times,that still look like new!

Honored Contributor

Add me to the list of people who would just automatically turn on QVC when I had some time to watch TV and now I occasionally flip to a shopping channel during a commercial but never watch an entire show. I used to bring my sewing machine out to the dining room table so I could watch QVC while I was sewing - now I have no interest and just sew in the bedroom. They are badly in need of someone to infuse a spark of interest in watching them and they need some hosts who are nice to watch like Judy Crowell and Kathy Levine were. The only hosts I ever watch anymore are MBR on wed AM Liz Claiborne and Carolyn Gracie when she has a musician on selling a CD.I don't even watch Denim & co anymore because with the new sizing it no longer fits me.

Honored Contributor

On 2/16/2015 mosky said:

I miss Sport Savvy but as you said I mostly miss the variety.The hosts seem to have become more aggressive and loud,not to mention the dancing and foolishness.I like fun and silliness but when I am planing on spending my money on an expensive clothing line,I expect professionalism.Also I agree with you on Quacker Factory,it has become so gaudy,when Jean was in charge,it was a fun line but...not always covered with glitter and stones.So I don't even watch the shows anymore.It lacks style so they cover the fabric with glitter!!I almost forgot,Modern Soul..I have two sweater sets,that have been washed many times,that still look like new!

I also miss Sports Savvy. Cannot wear QF--donated what I had. Too gaudy is right and also too big for me and too pricey for what you get. I expect professionalism too, but that is long gone. Don't watch nearly as much anymore and have cut way back on purchases.

Honored Contributor

I think a lot of us miss the days of QVC offering fun programming and a nice variety of products... Unfortunately, although this feedback seems often to be given, they seem intent on 'their way or the highway'... Personally, I'm increasingly choosing the highway...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Miss being able to order D&Co. A217503. Love that simple cape. Totally dislike all these tops where the back is so long that it reaches the bend in your knee - SG black & white stripe blouse recently on TV an example. The ongoing bad behavior and, in some cases, immodest dress of the hosts a reason not to watch.