Honored Contributor

@2bacat

She went on a horrible rant about overweight people and much more, on Instagram.

It's best that you google it, 'cause if too much is said here about it, this thread will be locked, just like the other threads were on this subject.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

I'm overweight and forgot about what she said the day she said it.

I'm torn on this.  What she said was wrong, rude, disgusting, mean, and ridiculous.  One of the last few things that it's ok to make fun of in our society is being overweight.  It's wrong and hurts people.  

At the same time, she didn't incite violence, bigotry, and hate like so many in the public eye these days.  Where are those who are upset with Rinna when people say those things?  Yes, she said something totally rude and insensitive and mean.  

If we fired everyone for what they say on their own time, there wouldn't be anyone on Q.  I thought Joan Rivers was much worse with what she said about others.  It could also be that it has nothing to do with her contract.

IMO, her words DID incite bigotry & hate toward people who are overweight.

I'm fat and didn't feel one bit of hate or bigotry because of her words.  What she said was WRONG.  She shouldn't have said it.  She should apologize and learn from it.  Rinna has a big mouth and what she says carries no weight with me.  

We can find disrespect everywhere.  Or we can focus on the good people and good things in our lives and world.

Respected Contributor

Re: Misplaced Loyalty?

[ Edited ]

Joan Rivers was always putting people down about weight and looks.  I remember when people on this board asked for QVC to get rid of her.  Maybe in QVC's eyes she didn't go over the line like Paula Deen did.  Just a thought. 

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

I'm overweight and forgot about what she said the day she said it.

I'm torn on this.  What she said was wrong, rude, disgusting, mean, and ridiculous.  One of the last few things that it's ok to make fun of in our society is being overweight.  It's wrong and hurts people.  

At the same time, she didn't incite violence, bigotry, and hate like so many in the public eye these days.  Where are those who are upset with Rinna when people say those things?  Yes, she said something totally rude and insensitive and mean.  

If we fired everyone for what they say on their own time, there wouldn't be anyone on Q.  I thought Joan Rivers was much worse with what she said about others.  It could also be that it has nothing to do with her contract.

IMO, her words DID incite bigotry & hate toward people who are overweight.

I'm fat and didn't feel one bit of hate or bigotry because of her words.  What she said was WRONG.  She shouldn't have said it.  She should apologize and learn from it.  Rinna has a big mouth and what she says carries no weight with me.  

We can find disrespect everywhere.  Or we can focus on the good people and good things in our lives and world.

I'm 105 lbs and I did. Your opinion.....my opinion.....I'm good with that!

Smiley happy 096.gif

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@luv-the-Q wrote:

It seems that a person's character, values, manners and respect for others doesn't mean much these days.  No one is held accountable for being disrespectful.

She and she alone is held accountable.  The only thing one can do if they are so offended by her is to not watch her or purchase her products.  You can't control what others say or do in her regard.  You can only control how you react.

Respected Contributor

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

I really don't understand why QVC continues to stand by Lisa Rinna. There are a plethora of other vendors that QVC has thrown under the bus, so why not Lisa Rinna as well? 

SMH

dee

What is so hard to understand?  QVC is running a business.  They do what is best for their business.  If Lisa Rinna does not do well in the future, then it's up to QVC to make a decision. 

Honored Contributor

I don't watch her at all.  Whenever she appears on QVC, I change the channel.  I don't spend a dime on her offerings.  And I'm not among those she seems to abhor.  To me, she's a rude, foul-mouthed individual.  No redeeming social value, IMHO.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm out of the loop on exactly what Lisa Rinna said.  But I know that some of the most hateful, nasty, insulting people in the USA are the most popular.  The more insulting and disrespectful they are, the more loved they are.  Lisa, Paula Deen, and the like are probably heroes to people who have the same beliefs. 

Not me.  I agree with @CalminHeart ~ " ... we can focus on the good people and good things in our lives and world."

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

If you are in business you shouldn't insult the people that you want to separate from their hard earned money. Actions should have consequences, and I think QVC dropped the ball by not axing her immediately.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Re: Misplaced Loyalty?

[ Edited ]

There is a difference . Joan Rivers was a comedian. She made derogatory JOKES. Rinna is not a comedian. She signed up for a reality show(that she was dying to be on,btw) and the fans were harsh about her storyline. She got  mad and let out a Twitter  rant,unloading on overweight women in an unbelievably cruel way.  Her daughter was on an episode and called fat people "chub chubs" while talking with Rinna. Clearly that was not a surprise random statement,as Rinna didn't blink a beautifully made up eye. When Rinna was on private time,tweeting her thoughts, her true character came out. I don't care how angry a person gets ,those CRUDE ideas don't just pop out unless they are in their head.  So the Q seems to love her and she is going nowhere. That's their right. It's mine to watch or not watch her shows and buy or not buy her wares. I choose to NOT.