Honored Contributor

Michele Lau from JTV is Coming to QVC

As a new gem expert. Nancy announced it on her FB page.  I don't know anything about JTV or Michele, just thought I'd share the news.

Respected Contributor

Re: Michele Lau from JTV is Coming to QVC

Well I guess it didn't work out for her at ShopLC either.  She is nice, but she is a motor-mouth, and I could never watch JTV when she was on.  They did finally let her go.  Recently, she appeared on ShopLC for a short time as a guest host.  She was actually quite pleasant when she was paired with another show host, but when she was alone, it was the motor-mouth thing all over again.  She could have been an auctioneer.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Michelle Lau is quite the seasoned show host, having been with HSN for many many years prior to JTV. I do think HSN let her go.  I think she is lovely and was always very sympathetic to customers who called in and may have mentioned an issue with something, she sometimes would ask them to leave their number with her producer and she would call them back offering to help. She has or had macular degeneratiion and has trouble seeing, I heard her say on JTV she no longer drives.

Honored Contributor

I caught her on JTV a few times late at night, and quite enjoyed her.  She has a friendly, slightly quirky vibe, seems like a good sales person, and knowledgeable.

Trusted Contributor

Wow, she has been around. I first remember her from the (HSN owned) America's Store channel. I recall purchasing an 18K wheat link necklace while she was on air. 10 grams and $99.99! America's store had the BEST jewelry bargains. Still have that chain.

Cindy

Respected Contributor

So this is why Peyton Kelley is no longer at QVC? I've never heard of this host but I don't think she can be better from what I'm reading here and based on how great Peyton is. 

Good luck to her. But I definitely won't be watching. 

~Live with Intention~
Super Contributor

I first saw Michelle on the now defunct GemsTV.  She would occasionally do a segment called something like "60 in 60" where she would present an item a minute.  Yes, she is a fast talker!  After GemsTV went out of business, she landed at JTV.

Honored Contributor

I often wonder what old show hosts plan to do after they've appeared on every shopping channel and finally reach the last one in existence. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

As a new gem expert. Nancy announced it on her FB page.  I don't know anything about JTV or Michele, just thought I'd share the news.

I think she will be a great addition.  So if she's the gem expert, will she be a host or be on just for gem shows?  

Honored Contributor

This is great news.  I always enjoyed her on JTV.  True, she can talk non-stop, but it's conversational not lecturing, and rather fascinating.