Respected Contributor

Re: Michele Lau from JTV is Coming to QVC

I remember her from HSN'ss America's Store.  Loved Bill Green on it too .  Maybe he'll resurface on the Q.  Very knowledgable 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

As a new gem expert. Nancy announced it on her FB page.  I don't know anything about JTV or Michele, just thought I'd share the news.

I think she will be a great addition.  So if she's the gem expert, will she be a host or be on just for gem shows?  

@GSPgirl  My guess would be, as a money saving measure, people like this and Erin Moseley are being hired on a contract basis and paid so much an appearance.  They wouldn't be regular employees, like the models.  This has been a trend in industry for years. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

As a new gem expert. Nancy announced it on her FB page.  I don't know anything about JTV or Michele, just thought I'd share the news.

I think she will be a great addition.  So if she's the gem expert, will she be a host or be on just for gem shows?  

Michele responded to Nancy's post that she cannot wait to work with her.  Sounds like her position is similar to Erin, the woman paired with the hosts for most Diamonique shows now.  I don't know Michele's background, so I don't know if she's a certified gemologist like Peyton.

Super Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@GSPgirl wrote:

@GSPgirl  My guess would be, as a money saving measure, people like this and Erin Moseley are being hired on a contract basis and paid so much an appearance.  They wouldn't be regular employees, like the models.  This has been a trend in industry for years. 

This morning I read that Erin Moseley's husband has also been hired by QVC.  I don't know who he is but he was at another shopping channel.

Grow old my body but stay young my heart
Honored Contributor

Erin Mosely's hubby, Jeff, was a VP at JTV.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't understand why they even hired Moseley for Diamonique.  Mary Beth and other hosts have been selling it since dinosaurs walked,they don't need help. If this person is going to do the same....why?

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Super Contributor

It seems to me if Erin Mosely DH was contracted on by the Q. Perhaps the Q is replacing Peyton for 2 for the price 1 so to speak.
Super Contributor

@MoJoV I never got that either the Q invented their version of CZ (dimanique) it should be the first thing any new host is trained on. And the existing host have no problems presenting it alone silly to have hired Erin on for it.
Esteemed Contributor

@Westshopper wrote:
@MoJoV I never got that either the Q invented their version of CZ (dimanique) it should be the first thing any new host is trained on. And the existing host have no problems presenting it alone silly to have hired Erin on for it.

@Westshopper....I totally agree.  I like Erin, but it's a waste of money hiring someone to present diamonique with a host. 

I don't know who this new lady is coming in.  I don't remember her from HSN, but I only give it a year.  I wish Peyton was still here.....I loved the stories and his knowledge about gems.

Honored Contributor

I just looked her up.  I saw her on the liquidation channel a few weeks ago.  I did enjoy her.