Frequent Contributor

Merry Christmas! Here’s The Thing-Game

If I hear “here’s the thing” one more time!  Ugh!  I’m going to start a drinking game and do a shot every time I here “here’s the thing” lol I’d be drunk in the first five minutes!  Yes, I do use the remote when it gets bothersome!  Merry Christmas to all of you!  Sorry, I just had to vent!

Respected Contributor

Re: Merry Christmas! Here’s The Thing-Game

Sounds to me like you needed a reason to vent more than anything else. Now that you found and used it, lucky for you, you can also control the situation by watching something else, occasionally returning when you need another opportunity. I'm sure the hosts don't mind being knocked around personally to further world peace. 

Trusted Contributor

bottoms up! 🍻

Honored Contributor

@freakygirl could you pour one for me too?

Respected Contributor

@Qfan79 wrote:

If I hear “here’s the thing” one more time!  Ugh!  I’m going to start a drinking game and do a shot every time I here “here’s the thing” lol I’d be drunk in the first five minutes!  Yes, I do use the remote when it gets bothersome!  Merry Christmas to all of you!  Sorry, I just had to vent!

I am LOL at this post.  Heres the thing and The thing is---I doubt she realizes how much she says it.  She is such a sweet person , I can over look it.  Since I have 150 channels it is easy to find something else.   

Esteemed Contributor

We all have things we repeatedly say but we don't realize it.  Imagine having to talk nonstop for your job - well it's just difficult!!  Once at work someone was mockingly going on and on about another who often said the same phrase and guess what ( ? )  -she had her own phrase she did the same with and never realized it in herself.  We then found we all had things we say too much and no matter how hard we tried could not eliminate them from our speech very well.  I say who cares!!   I  cannot imagine such trivial things bothering anyone enough to run and post!!  

Esteemed Contributor

People seem so "touchy" and critical these days.  They tend to look at the bad instead of the good.  In Mary Beth, I would say the good far outweighs the bad.  Give people some slack and hope they will do the same for you.  That's called having good will for your fellow man.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I took the OP's post as more on the lighthearted side, as far as vents/rants go. I've read some that were harsh and mean, but hers had a more teasing tone to it. At least in my opinion.

To the OP: if you add in "I've got a big number for you" then yes, the inebriation will be swift haha....

(just so everyone is clear, I am a David V. fan and think he is a great person)

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Trusted Contributor

@Whatnow, mugs are in the freezer. we’re just waiting for ya! 

Respected Contributor

I am rarely watching these days, due to annoying hosts. I stopped watching Lisa Robertson, long before she left, due to her saying "AMAZING" every other word.  "Here's the thing" would probably get on my nerves also, IF I were watching her everyday. I can barely stand to watch 95% of the hosts. I just check "Item's recently on air", then read reviews if I am interested, & IF really interested, I might watch the video.