Honored Contributor

Re: Meredith Laurence should be a QVC Host . . .

@seamus2 wrote:

Meredith is a wonderful cooking instructor.  She's so calm, so informative and would be perfect on the The Food Network!  Did anyone see her on the Q on Christmas demonstrating various recipes and doing it in such a manner that I felt I, too, could make what she was cooking!  Since I don't celebrate Christmas it was easy to watch her presentations.  What we really need on the Q is the Meredith Lawrence channel with all kinds of cooking/baking videos!  She is a treasure that the Q does not need to bring down to the sales pressure levels!

@seamus2, but what would she be selling? The Q is a shopping channel, not a cooking show. I do agree that she should continue what she's doing and not become a QVC host.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Wish all women hosts would have Meredith's demeanor.  I have noticed when a new lady hosts begin, their calmness usually culminates into hyper-enthusiasm.   Does QVC have on-going host training classes regularly (as other businesses have) to promote these undesirable selling tactics in their hosts? 

I went from 80% viewing to 5% because of thunderous voices and ear-splitting hand clapping near lapel mikes throughout hosts' presentations.  

Esteemed Contributor

I so enjoy watching Meredith on the Q!!  I really liked her cooking tips shown during the holidays.  She is so calm, collected, easygoing...no loud voice, no silly words and no personal info shared.  I do not think she would enjoy being a host...the hard sell tactic would not suit her....JMO.

Respected Contributor

As someone pointed out, she did have a few shows as a host. The ones I saw a number of years ago were ok but not great. Meredith was pleasant and knowledgeable but seemed very uncomfortable. She is much more relaxed as a vendor.

Honored Contributor

I don't think she should be a host, but she should have her own "cooking" show again.  She explains everything so well and has such good suggestions and recipes.  Maybe her shows didn't sell enough items?   I like her and would like to see her do more cooking demos--no other host would be necessary.  Her own show would be great!

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I would love to see her replace DV or do the cooking show on Q2. DV and Mary could easily pick up other shows. It would be great to have a real chef with all her wonderful talents do the cooking shows. I would actually watch.

Good idea.  David and Mary's shows are almost exactly the same.  I quit watching Mary's show and I record David's but sometimes only watch a few minutes.  Same ol' lines and same stuff all the time.

Super Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

I don't think she should be a host, but she should have her own "cooking" show again.  She explains everything so well and has such good suggestions and recipes.  Maybe her shows didn't sell enough items?   I like her and would like to see her do more cooking demos--no other host would be necessary.  Her own show would be great!

YES, YES, YES!!

Respected Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

I agree. Frankly I'd rather watch her "In the Kitchen" actually cooking. They can keep Venable for his show but add a show "Cooking with the Blue Jean Chef".  Meredith can sell products such as cookware while actually making a recipe on air over the course of an hour.  She is calm which we all enjoy.

Honored Contributor

Another suggestion--maybe instead of having Stacey (or as Mary was before) a "sidekick" for David so he can get breaks during his show--give Meredith maybe 15 minute or so to really teach us something/demo one of her recipes, etc  Then David could come back on.  Maybe even two breaks of this type where we learn from Meredith while David gets a break during his shows.  I felt with Mary she was taking over more and more and then now she has a show almost identical to David's original show.  I like Stacey as a host, but on ITKWD seems her being there is a waste of her time and the viewers' time.  We would enjoy Meredith and learn from her and she would also be doing a demo of a product the Q sells.

Respected Contributor

QVC needs more out f the box thinking. It's become far too predctable. Years ago Steve Bryant hosted a cooking show "Jamming in the Kitchen with Steve".  Steve would cook and also play guitar and invite musical guests. It was like a party. Dave James had. A late night talk show format like Johnny Carson "Late Night with Dave James".   QVC needs t get back to its roots, it's become too focused on a handful of products. There's no variety anymore. I know Ive cut back on watching QVC from over 15 hours a day to just a few. I may keep it on as background noise but I am not actively shopping or invested in it like I was 10-15 years ago.