Respected Contributor

Re: Meredith Laurence should be a QVC Host . . .

Meredith's training is as a chef. Thus the kitchen is 'her spot'. Yes, she does a great job explaining. I've met her in the past, long ago. Took her cooking classes.

Honored Contributor

@Fiero Woman wrote:

I also enjoy Chef Meredith Lawrence.  How they would fit her in with David and Mary??  Meredith is a trained chef, so more complex items/recipes?  As a presenter, she is very mild.

For many years, Meredith didn't exude a lot of confidence.  She was very mild-mannered and tentative.  Just recently she seems to have come into her own and is more comfortable on camera.  She probably enjoys "doing her own thing" and having the freedom to experiment and write her cookbooks.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I would love to see her replace DV or do the cooking show on Q2. DV and Mary could easily pick up other shows. It would be great to have a real chef with all her wonderful talents do the cooking shows. I would actually watch.

Honored Contributor

I thought I heard her say this evening during a TSV presentation she was really into organization. Wouldn't it be great if she would write a book or do a video or something on how to organize your kitchen - or what you really need and don't need? I love to watch her recipe videos, and one of my most requested recipes came from watching her for the very first time! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoy watching her cook....she makes things we would actually eat...

Frequent Contributor

Meredith is a wonderful cooking instructor.  She's so calm, so informative and would be perfect on the The Food Network!  Did anyone see her on the Q on Christmas demonstrating various recipes and doing it in such a manner that I felt I, too, could make what she was cooking!  Since I don't celebrate Christmas it was easy to watch her presentations.  What we really need on the Q is the Meredith Lawrence channel with all kinds of cooking/baking videos!  She is a treasure that the Q does not need to bring down to the sales pressure levels!

Frequent Contributor

Yes, she did. Either she was not comfortable doing it, or people didn't buy much, because it was only on a few weeks or so. I think she is probably more comfortable doing what she does now.
Esteemed Contributor

I agree that she would make a good host.  However, can you see her selling clothes, jewelry, or heaven forbid, a mattress??  Yes, QVC would ruin her!  I like her just where she is.  Did anyone see her during the Christmas break?  I think she was really in her element doing recipes.  I really like her.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used to really enjoy the Blue Jean Chef Show she used to have. She gave good tips.  She has such a pleasant personality and is a pleasure to watch! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I was thinking the same thing about Erin, the Diamonique vendor.    She's pleasant and knowledgable.   There's nothing to stop either of them in becoming a host.

Every host comes to QVC with a background in 1 thing.