Esteemed Contributor

Re: Memo to All QVC Hosts

[ Edited ]

Two of my pet peeves are realator when it is realtor.   Another peeve is when they say underneath of.   It is underneath period.  Jayne Brown does it all the time 

Respected Contributor

Catching up on posts.  Final confession, I say Realator.  Time for me to apply for host.  I speak the speak, i am a size 10  and i am over 50, LOL.  

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

Catching up on posts.  Final confession, I say Realator.  Time for me to apply for host.  I speak the speak, i am a size 10  and i am over 50, LOL.  

@Shawnie 

you have my VOTE! Smiley Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@ClaudeNorth wrote:

There is no such word as 'heighth'.  When discussing how tall someone or something is, the correct word is 'height'.

@ClaudeNorth Just like there is no such word as "lenth".

Frequent Contributor
Yes there is a host who always kills the words, pattern, and modern. She says patterIN, and moderIN!!! My father had a Master's degree in Journalism, and was the editor of 2 newspapers. Needless to say I abhor incorrect pronunciations of various words!!!!
Contributor

I havent heard them pronouncing height like that but several of the younger hosts keep saying "these ones" and its driving me crazy-lol. 

Valued Contributor

@Peabelly wrote:

I havent heard them pronouncing height like that but several of the younger hosts keep saying "these ones" and its driving me crazy-lol. 

That is the worst. Everybody says it.

Regular Contributor
Courtney Khondabi says imporded for important every time. I think it’s just like a non standard dialect?
Regular Contributor
Or link-th lol
Honored Contributor

CoCo always says "ya" and I find it annoying.