Honored Contributor

There are no "grosheries" either, as in "next time you are at the groCERY store..."  And no jewLERY.

Frequent Contributor
The pronunciation of sherbet is so annoying!!! There is a host who pronounces the words modern, and pattern " moderen, and patteren!! Cringe worthy!!!
Respected Contributor

@Mombo1 wrote:

@on the bay wrote:

@Mombo1,

Haha, I've always said sherbert. I always thought people who said sherbet it sounded so weird and wrong.

@on the bay    Truthfully, I have mispronounced sherbet many times.  It's just that I have been corrected so often, that I am overly aware when someone else does it.  Since I'm originally from Pittsburgh, I have heard so many versions of the English language....but I like the regional differences.  Yinz from the Burg know what I'm talking about.  🤗

@Mombo1   They should give everyone from Pittsburgh a lifetime pass on mispronounced words.

I can't believe how many whacky words still come out of my mouth, even after being away from Pixxsburgh so long. Smiley Happy

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

There are no "grosheries" either, as in "next time you are at the groCERY store..."  And no jewLERY.

@Pearlee  I guess "joolry" is unacceptable also.

That would be a tough one for me to change now.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

And I dislike "anyways" instead of anyway.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Memo to All QVC Hosts

[ Edited ]

Reading this and saying the word, yep i say heighth.  Th .  I don't know why, and at my grand age i have never been corrected.  Now i know better.

I have come across a person that says acrosst in the last two years.  They live in Massachusetts, so maybe it's a regional thing?  It drives me nuts.  LOL

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Another confession, i say grosheries and groshery store.  LOL.  

Respected Contributor

I swear Sherbert is on the containers, LOL..

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Another confession, i say grosheries and groshery store.  LOL.  

@Shawnie  🤯

Regular Contributor
And please hosts, let’s share your CORRECT size, it is very misleading when you don’t.
Especially when standing next to a model who is wearing the size you quoted for yourself. This picture says it all.