Honored Contributor
These forums have become very nasty. Differing opinions and personalities are no excuse for the kind of behavior that goes on here.
"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Re: Mean postings

[ Edited ]

@Imadickens 

Im so sorry that your mom had to deal with it especially with what she was going through....That woman was the one that was out of line---but unfortunately thats how people are these days----

As far as social media, Ive been on them since they started back in the 80's.....and I can tell you stories of rudeness and crudeness that I encountered even way back then....when people are anonymous behind a screen they will say anything and everything---you should have seen the xrated Avatars on one TV station's site and the TV station didnt even care---

If you want only nice and pleasant conversation the only thing you can do is join a CLOSED Facebook Group that agrees with your standards and has a strict set of rules that are enforced....OR....start your own Forum or Facebook Page with strict guidelines...Otherwise i suggest you pass by the mean posts and read and respond on only the ones you find pleasant and enjoyable.....Take Care!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I have seen the results of things 'taken the wrong way" here often.

A person's perceptions of something said can often start ill feelings on this board.

Often, it is best to remmember there are many ways to view what is said.

Honored Contributor

We have always had a few trolls that hang around, but eventually they move on when they aren't fed or then get booted out.  There are also a few who come to look for things they can twist into accusations to berate others for perceived sentiments.  That is sad, but it is an unfortunate fact.  

Trusted Contributor
@Sooner
Yes, I agree with you. Ignore the trolls and the negative people. We all know it's the same names over and over, picking apart hosts' hair and outfits, still complaining about shipping, trying to sneak political opinions into posts that have nothing to do with politics, etc.
I think of these boards like a big party...you will be attracted to the smart, open people who debate fairly and you will rightly turn your back on the rude party guests who are intentionally argumentative and show such a callous disregard for proper and polite discourse.
Seek out the good guests...you will be rewarded!
Trusted Contributor
@manny2
Oh how I love your post! Everyone just "post around them!" That's such a perfect way to put it. I usually just respond with one-sentence answers to rude posters or people with whom I have no interest in engaging, but now I just ignore them!

@jubilant
So true. I often say a silent prayer for the people who are soooo invested in being right that they bulldoze over other people and are completely ill-mannered. Their arrogance is quite probably covering tremendous insecurity.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mean postings

[ Edited ]

@Imadickens Thank you for your thought provoking post! I WHOLEHEARTEDLY understand your statement, and do not think it is wrong to reasonably expect a modicum of tact and decorum anywhere ADULTS gather.😁 There are countless examples however, of that simply not being the case at times.😊

The "melodies" of our lives are quite unique. The "songs" of one person many warm your heart; while others are excruciating to "listen" to.😂

I read something quite interesting recently--The most fundamental essence of humanity is to strive towards "the freedom of the will". I try to remind myself of this when I witness the very NEGATIVE interactions you speak of. You are not alone.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Trusted Contributor
@SandySparkles
I will also try to remember that quote! Thank you for your sunny wisdom, as ever. You always brighten the outlook for all of us. 🧡🌞💙
Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles - I agree with everything you said! 

I really like your paragraph about "the melodies of our lives"! So true!

@Imadickens - I'm sorry you've experienced so many hardships, and I'm sorry your mom had to experience that. IMO the woman who said that to her had no business doing that. I hope your mom has a better experience the next time you two go out.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:
These forums have become very nasty. Differing opinions and personalities are no excuse for the kind of behavior that goes on here.

Every board has nasty people, not just this one.