Valued Contributor

Agree,,,I would call it scolding...

Venting is one thing I understand, followed by letting us know thats what is happening, thats understandable, we/ve all been there.

I do hope all gets better for the original poster.

Respected Contributor

I agree with you @Imadickens There are some nasty posters on this board. There is no reason for it. We can disagree, and still maintain decorum. 

Unfortunately you need to strap on your suit of armour to post. I don't need a button, I just ignore. I don't engage. I post around them. 

I am sorry for you and your family. I hope you can find peace during this stressful time. 

Honored Contributor

You can't make people do, think, say or act the way you want them to.  The only thing you can do is to do unto others as you would have them behave, show them the way and exhibit kindness when possible, and carry on being an example. 

It is not easy, it is not impossible, it is not what any of us always do.  Forgive and hope others forgive me is the best I can do or offer. 

Respected Contributor

I just consider that it says more about them, then it does about what I'm doing.

You can always just smile and tell them "have a nice day", and move on, which to me is more of a "I don't care what you think, and you must be miserable to act that way".  Too bad, some people are just negative and want to spread it around to make them feel better.

My family is going through some awful things right now too, and I send you and your Mom nothing but blessings and good thoughts.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mean postings

[ Edited ]

I guess in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter if hosts over share about themselves or their families, or if they overdo it with the self tanner or mispronounce words or misrepresent what size they wear.

They are not important.

Honored Contributor

Re: Mean postings

[ Edited ]

@Imadickens  FYI There are moderators here who moderate what is posted on this board.  It it's OK with them, then it's OK. If you don't think a post is OK within the board's  terms of use, you can report it to them and they will decide about it.

Respected Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

I just consider that it says more about them, then it does about what I'm doing.

You can always just smile and tell them "have a nice day", and move on, which to me is more of a "I don't care what you think, and you must be miserable to act that way".  Too bad, some people are just negative and want to spread it around to make them feel better.

My family is going through some awful things right now too, and I send you and your Mom nothing but blessings and good thoughts.

@CAcableGirl2 Your post is spot on. It is more about them. That is why ignore is the best option. 

I'm sorry for your family too. I am sending good thoughts your way. 

Respected Contributor

There are a few posters on the forum that go beyond just venting into total bashing IMO.  Their comments would be very hurtful to those receiving them. I have often wondered if they would be rude enough to actually say those things in the same way face to face to the person rather than anonymously to a screen.  When all is said and done, they are people that are being bashed.  It is possible to express your opinion in a constructive way rather than a nasty way.  There is no need to deliberately hurt another person's feelings.  

Disagreements are a totally different thing and this type of post should be welcomed as they provide a different viewpoint than your own and often can be quite helpful and informative as we all think differently and it is interesting to hear other opinions

Respected Contributor

@Imadickens  I'm sorry you had to deal with someone rude and obnoxious.  As far as some here being snarky and always seeming to be ready to 'pounce' on their prey, it does happen, but thankfully not as often as nice and considerate posters.  For those that aren't, here's a good one just for them:282567010_1645868689104375_1934943480545274563_n.jpg

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

Rude People Quotes on QuoteBanner.com  

I'm not shocked by rude people.  They are now... and always have been around. The world seems to be getting more and more of them.  Most rude people I have known may come on as arrogant.... but.... I have found that "deep down in" they are.... sadly..... very insecure.