Honored Contributor

Re: Me thinks time for a QVC4

[ Edited ]

QVC sold 200,000 of yesterday's TSV alone.  They mentioned in a show I watched that nearly everyone purchased more than one.  Therefore, even being very conservative in the actual number sold, QVC made $5,500,000 in one product in one day.  Five and a half million dollars.

Either get used to more Christmas shows, or watch another channel.  It really is that simple.  I don't have to like it, but it's not a moral issue, it's sales.  QVC is a business that must make up for jewelry sales being down, and some fashion lines not pulling their weight (this was stated in one of their last financial reports that someone posted here earlier this year).  

Now back to to your regular programming today -- 8 hours of Fitbit! Yaaaay!!!!

Honored Contributor

Anyone who  needs this type of programing in July must be  a gutton for punishment.
This is a quote from another post above.

PUNISHMENT?  Really?  Well, I don't see any point in judging how people decide to celebrate Christmas.  How they decorate tells you nothing about what is in their heart.   For many it is a joyous religious celebration just as other cultures around the world make a big deal out of celebrations for their faith.  Nothing at all wrong with or unusual about that.

For many it is a time to also reunite with family, maybe mend some hurt feelings, or comfort one another for the loss of loved ones and share memories of happy times and feasts together.   It's a time to eat too much and spoil the kiddies and laugh as well as worship and give thanks.

So what is it that puts a burr under people's saddles about something like that?  I don't get it.  Is it that it isn't your religion or that your family doesn't get together or what?  What is so disgusting and horrible and offensive about people getting together, being excited and happy, planning for something they can't wait to happen, and decorating the house?   Why is this so reviled when the fashion days, which promote people getting dressed up, isn't?

I just don't get what there is to be unnerved about.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@kivah wrote:

I HATE these boring christmas shows --- it's only July 1st and it's summer!!!! I don't watch the Q very much - but for people that enjoy watching, I feel sorry for u.

@kivah- was that last part of your post really necessary??  Very rude.  You don't know what people's individual situations are and your post was just really rude.  You don't want to watch?  Then don't.  You want to watch?  Then do.    And 7 people liked your post.  SMH..

@gidgetgh @kivah... I guess I don't find her post rude... I took it to mean that if you're one of those still watching QVC she's sorry for the non-stop Christmas programming...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624... Girl... get yourself in here... I'm going to wash your mouth out with soap... While I fully understand what you're saying about QVC's "been there, done that" Christmas train wreck... the LAST thing we need is YET another station on our cable boxes commandeered by the "everything old is old again.." QVC programmers...

Woman Tongue Woman LOL

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I dislike anything Christmas in the summer. I have never watched CIJ. 

I was at Hobby Lobby early June, they already had LOTS of Halloween stuff out. I didn't see any, but was told they also already had Christmas stuff. That's ridicilous!

Honored Contributor

What an excellent idea!!!  A separate channel for Christmas decor all year long!  It would satisfy those who can't get enough of Christmas and it would satisfy those of us who absolutely can't stand CIJ, August, September, even October!!

GREAT IDEA!!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

I wonder why it isn't "Holiday in July" since they bend over backward to not say "Merry Christmas" during the actual holiday season.     Smiley Tongueopcorn:  

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb

Gidget is RIGHT --- many people watch a lot of QVC (like I did in the past). Many of the shows are unwatchable -- with junk stuff and high prices --- and now the Christmas in July thru December programming. Yes - I feel sorry that QVC puts their viewers thru that.

Respected Contributor

I agree totally.  With small exceptions, most of the merchandise is questionable.  

Honored Contributor

Hey, I would love a Christmas channel.  Great idea.  I don't buy fashion, shoes and the like from QVC so they are of no interest to me.  Hope QVC is listening.