Trusted Contributor

Re: Maybe they should lower the host's salary instead of..

Good points from you all, but I do have to say QVC has changed from what I used to know. I was just frustrated and under the assumption they make millions, and if they do maybe some of them deserve it. I do adore some of the hosts and i do give them much credit for having to show the same stuff over and over again, and over. The programs are almost the same every week. I agree it must be hard to always be "ON" and upbeat while trying to sell the same old stuff. Don't know why they do what they do, and what goes on, but it is very different from the old days. As a shopper from the start i have seen many changes and maybe thats how you sell to younger people, I will give more thought to my words posting here again, you all gave me a lot to think about.

Super Contributor

Lldaisy, , I don't think you're jealous, and I do agree, prices have gone way up. My solution is, I hardly ever buy anything.
Honored Contributor

On 4/9/2015 willomenia said: The sad part is the hosts dont even do their job well! They are selling items that the consumer is trying to purchase with the hope that the person is giving them the best, accurate description instead they act like they are movie stars. If they did their job correctly, qvc would have fewer refunds, and we would finally get what we pay for.

If they didn't do their jobs well, they'd be out the door. QVC is not a charity, so you can bet that the hosts they have on-air are indeed doing their jobs "well".

As for "fewer refunds", do you have any factual knowledge of the percentage of returns? If they are making a (huge) profit each year, then returns can't be that substantial in the overall picture.

And I'm not sure what you mean about "get what we pay for"? If I order an item, like it and keep it, I consider that I'm "getting what I paid for". If I don't like it, I return it. I don't watch the Q for entertainment, so I'm only paying for the item. (And I research the price before I make the decision to buy.)

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/9/2015 Crisso said:
On 4/9/2015 HappyDaze said:
On 4/9/2015 RedHeadedWench said: Nobody is forcing anyone to buy from QVC. Perhaps if sales went down, the prices would follow. Cutting host's salaries isn't going to do anything. QVC makes that amount if money by selling one product at times. Do the math.

THIS is the key if you truly want/hope to see lower prices!

Exactly.

Adding my agreement. For those who have posted who have had their pay cut, they are in industries that likely needed to do that to survive. I also don't agree with the OPs comment that "everyone" is struggling and having a hard time. As somebody posted, QVC is doing very well and there is no reason for them (yet) to lower prices or cut salaries.
Respected Contributor

If they did that, every item would be 1 cent less than it is.

Respected Contributor

If they did that, every item would be 1 cent less than it is, probably less than that.

Trusted Contributor

Prices too high, sales too low = layoffs. The bottom line is everything.

Candy

Valued Contributor

On 4/8/2015 OOMPALOOMPA said:

Don't believe the rumors about what the on air reps make. The starting salary is around $65k a year. The senior ""hosts"" can make middle six figures but that is the exception.

Source?

Super Contributor

No reason to cut anyone's salary - QVC makes plenty of money as it is. Our economy is fairly self - regulating... if a company prices itself out of the market they generally fail due to lack of purchasing / business from their (former?) customers. From there they can either adapt or close up shop.
Companies will push the envelope until someone pushes it back.

Esteemed Contributor

I had to come back and edit, because my first response was sort of snippy. I do not think that it is fair to compare others situation to your own. They may have joint incomes, or other assets that you are not aware of. Keep in mind that they receive many free samples of products and perhaps that is why they have so many different items that they speak about. They can also do what most people do in regards to vacations. They plan the trip and save up the money for that particular adventure.