Esteemed Contributor

Re: May have to go back to catalog and brick and mortar shopping

@just wonder 

This could be seen as restarting a deleted thread and/or challenging moderation, both which are against the rules here.

As to what gets removed and what doesn't, it is helpful to remember that this is a board that is run by a private company, and as such, their sandbox, their rules.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@just wonderDepends upon who WE is.  For sure not everybody who posts here likes the same hosts or dislikes the same set of hosts -- which group do you expect the PTB to satisfy?

@millieshops 

Well, the group that *I'm* in of course!

I expect, nay, I DEMAND that QVC constructs their programming to what *I* like and want! Everybody else's wants isn't as important as mine! *lol*

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

QVC is my Amazon.

I no longer watch shows, unless I briefly click by the channel when looking for something else to watch.    The only shows I watched during the holidays were VPH, love her style.

I don't let a host sway me one way or the other, they don't have any power over me.

I make my decision based on the online description

If I don't like it, it goes back.

Esteemed Contributor

My beauty time consumption isn't from tv anymore, it's from youtube but not tv shopping channels even through their apps or web browsers.

There's a big variety of youtube beauty influencers that I watch - from millennials on to their 50s - and I will jump around and watch various videos for information and entertainment. That way there's none of the repetitiveness of a tv shopping network with endless shows about one or two product lines. I went back to bricks and mortar shopping in the past year and haven't looked back.

Valued Contributor

@RespectLife I heartily agree with you about voting with your dollars.  I don't expect QVC to eliminate hosts or vendors because they may annoy some of us.  However, I do think although we may be just a small group among their 95 million viewers,  that QVC should take note when there are repeated complaints about certain behaviours that are turn offs.  Right now there are 4 clothing vendors and at least 4 hosts that won't get a dime of my money.  They're instant turn-offs for me.  My life has a lot of aggravation in it and I certainly don't need to get my blood pressure up when watching a shopping channel.  Admittedly, I  buy 95% of my clothing from catalogues but that wasn't always the case.  I loved QVC and spent thousands here but no longer.  Sizing and quality has become inconsistent, the clothing is cookie-cutter, and the amount of time spent on TSVs is ridiculous.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819Absolutely agree.   In fact, "my group" should control the whole world -   and we all know how that works when someone tries!

Frequent Contributor

I'm really not happy with prices and quality of merchandise. Much better prices in brick and mortar stores and you can see the quality of the merchandise. Really rethinking my shopping on QVC. And the shipping cost is horrendous!

Honored Contributor

@bootsanne 

But it seems to me that it is the same people complaining all the time!  The repeated complaints are from the same posters.  I get it...a poster does NOT like that host!

I can't expect the company to sideline a high sales volume host because we on the forums have issues.

TSV are heavily promoted and I don't have a problem with that.  I would expect it to be repeated over and over.  It is the item they are trying to mass sell that day.

I agree totally....sizing and quality has become the main issue I have with my purchases.

Hosts (even the ones I don't like) do not affect my online purchasing.  Having to return an item that is clearly sized incorrectly is the single issue which declines my purchasing.

Respected Contributor

The more of us go back to brick and mortar stores, the better the selection will become. 

Honored Contributor

I do most of my shopping at the brick and mortar store anymore----and now you can order online and pick it up at the store. Got tired of the riduculous amounts of $$ to send stuff back---now I order online and pick it up at the store or just go there to actually try stuff on to see if it fits---what a concept-----plus no waiting for weeks to even get the stuff !!! And usually can get free shipping and returns.  I do use AMZ all the time--------