Frequent Contributor

I have to laugh when they present these items. They were showing hand sanitizer today say it would ship June 20th. Good luck with that. Once they sit in process for a month you could buy it at CVS.

Respected Contributor

Re: Masks or hand sanitizers

I've seen hand sanitizers all over the stores - even finding toilet paper, paper towels, and flour/yeast.  They could have sold a ton of those, if they offered them in late March with immediate shipping. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

QVC hosts are "out of touch" ...the more I watch the hosts and hear the "ridiculous" things they say to get one to buy -- I realize "I need to change the channel".  Once most states open I doubt many will be willing to wait weeks for something they want.

One can find everything from masks, hand sanitizers & essentials everywhere at reduced sale prices.  At least here in FL when everyone was running around, getting up at dawn to get in line, and all the things one did to get these items are now "collecting" dust on retailer shelves!!! 

Today, I saw a lady on a standing on corner of intersection selling masks for $1!!! They were in baggies and looked homemade...I think that "ship has sailed".  I rarely see anyone except elderly wearing masks anywhere.

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1  It depends where you live. Where I live just about everyone is wearing a mask. You are not allowed in any place without one. Although masks seem to be plentiful on line I never saw one anywhere else for sale. Toilet paper is hit and miss in stores. I heard the number of cases are going up in Florida, maybe you should consider wearing a mask.

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 

Situations definitely vary over the country.  TP, tissues, alcohol are finds.  Wipes still a rare availability.  Masks available but they vary in quality.

Honored Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

@homedecor1  It depends where you live. Where I live just about everyone is wearing a mask. You are not allowed in any place without one. Although masks seem to be plentiful on line I never saw one anywhere else for sale. Toilet paper is hit and miss in stores. I heard the number of cases are going up in Florida, maybe you should consider wearing a mask.

I agree with @Janey2 .   When I'm out, I see masks all over.  Yes I think you should consider wearing one @homedecor1 .

Honored Contributor

Here in Chicago I have not experienced a shortage of anything.  Streets are still pretty empty and it's easy keeping "social distance."  Masks are required for entering stores but otherwise I'd guess about 50% of the people wear themon the street.

Regular Contributor

"Speaking" of hand sanitizers..... QVC is promoting and selling Alcohol free hand sanitizers V37304 -stating it kills 99.9% of germs.  I personally looked into this a little more to find out if it could actually kill the corona virus without alcohol... and it can't.  And I realize they never mention the corona virus in the video... they say "bacteria" instead of "virus".... I still find this to be SOOO misleading to the general public.  People need to be buying and using  hand sanitizers after they go out to stores- before they get the chance to wash their hands with soap and water-- sanitizers that DO have alcohol to kill the corona virus.  They are presenting this product to be kept in peoples cars and to be used after shopping. I would think most people are most concerned right now about catching and spreading corona virus and I feel there will be people who buy this product and not realize this won't do this. I also think it's horrible that it was not mentioned on the page or in the video that it DOES NOT WORK FOR CORONA VIRUS!  (yes I am concerned and mad) 

Valued Contributor

Considering Arizona, Florida and Texas Covid numbers are spiking, its foolish for people not to wear a mask.

The reason its spiking is these are the places people are not wearing masks and not social distancing.

@homedecor1 wrote:

QVC hosts are "out of touch" ...the more I watch the hosts and hear the "ridiculous" things they say to get one to buy -- I realize "I need to change the channel".  Once most states open I doubt many will be willing to wait weeks for something they want.

One can find everything from masks, hand sanitizers & essentials everywhere at reduced sale prices.  At least here in FL when everyone was running around, getting up at dawn to get in line, and all the things one did to get these items are now "collecting" dust on retailer shelves!!! 

Today, I saw a lady on a standing on corner of intersection selling masks for $1!!! They were in baggies and looked homemade...I think that "ship has sailed".  I rarely see anyone except elderly wearing masks anywhere.

Respected Contributor

Hand sanitizer is now plentiful here. Almost every retailer carries it. Wegmans now has no fewer than 5 brands of sanitizers on their dedicated shelves, along with displaying them in bins and at end caps. 

Same with face masks, both cloth and disposable. I'm happy to see the disposable ones--sold in bulk and at an affordable price-- in particular, as that's what we use exclusively. 

The unavailability of certain products may be a regional issue.

What worries you masters you.