Esteemed Contributor

Re: Masks or hand sanitizers

[ Edited ]

I placed an order with a local distillery, Myer Farm, assuring that I supported a local business. Given that it was no real sacrifice, I added their hand sanitizer to my order. It's excellent. I don't know what's in it but when I pour the liquid onto my fingers, my skin feels soft, never dry.

Valued Contributor

QVC is jumping on the bandwagon like everyone else to make a quick buck laughing all the way to the bank.  Making money off of trying to continue this fear mongering.  

Valued Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

QVC hosts are "out of touch" ...the more I watch the hosts and hear the "ridiculous" things they say to get one to buy -- I realize "I need to change the channel".  Once most states open I doubt many will be willing to wait weeks for something they want.

One can find everything from masks, hand sanitizers & essentials everywhere at reduced sale prices.  At least here in FL when everyone was running around, getting up at dawn to get in line, and all the things one did to get these items are now "collecting" dust on retailer shelves!!! 

Today, I saw a lady on a standing on corner of intersection selling masks for $1!!! They were in baggies and looked homemade...I think that "ship has sailed".  I rarely see anyone except elderly wearing masks anywhere.

Isn't Florida one of the 6 or 7 states where the number is skyrocketing? My apologies, I really can't remember. I know NC and SC are 2 of those states, and our hospitalization numbers are starting to really get concerning. When they start relocating patients from one region of a state to another due to lack of available beds you know things are not going well. 

If your state is one of the ones with the fast spiking numbers I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. I know it has to be upsetting to realize the pandemic is ramping up and then seeing your fellow residents not taking it seriously. There's no reason they can't try incorporating more mask wearing to help slow this back down a bit. You can only look out for you though. Stay safe!

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Valued Contributor

Regarding the availability of Covid supplies; sadly it still varies widely. It's been my personal observation that the areas where the virus is really taking off again are also (once again) starting to see a lack of certain products. 

We were doing better in my part of the state, and then since the week after Memorial Day we are falling short. TP is back to being not found in every store and when found it is the cheap kind your tightfisted employer would spring for in the public restroom. Better than nothing though! (Thanks to @Kachina624 and Amazon I'm good for a while).

Wipes are gone again, and of course Lysol spray. A friend was able to locate rubbing alcohol locally (first time since March!) but the bottle was smaller than normal and limit 1. They didn't last long. 

bleach came back this week! almost forgot about that.....the other werid one is dishwasher detergent pods....?

Thankful for online shopping.

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Super Contributor

I live in Northern California also and we are required to wear masks all the time except when exercising outside.  I have no problem getting paper products or hand sanitizer.  Wipes are rare right now.  Until they are able to administer a vaccine to everyone, I will be wearing a mask and socially distancing.

Honored Contributor

Two weeks ago hand sanitizers were at the grocery store and drugstore near checkout.  I have a problem finding Lysol spray. I received two free masks from Humana, my supplemental insurance.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

@Katcat1  A pretty savvy move on Humana's part. I wonder if we'll see more health insurance carriers doing something similar. 

Honored Contributor

I wish our governor listened to epidemiologists and medical experts.  She still doesn't understand the pandemic.  She reopened the state before we even peaked.  She won't tell people to wear masks.  She is denying unemployment to people who are afraid to go to work in covid infested businesses, especially meat packing plants.  She prefers to listen to the man who plays a doctor on tv rather than experts. New cases and deaths are going up every day.  

Super Contributor

@CalminHeart  

Well the virus will keep marching on despite what is done.  I remember as a child my mother trying to expose us to the mumps with no success.  We never got it.  And, imo, some people will be immune to this as well.  But we never hear that.