Honored Contributor

I think you are mistaken about Mary Nelson, never heard her shout.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I like Mary somewhat, but also notice that her voice is somewhat shaky.  At first I thought she was nervous. Now, I think that's just her regular speaking voice.  Lovely lady.

Respected Contributor

@Calcgirl wrote:

I seldom watch QVC, but happened to turn it on while I was paying bills and a host named Mary Nelson was on.  She did nothing but shout and I mean shout the entire time.  I am sure she is a sweet working lady but I wish they would instruct the hosts to speak softly, if we are hearing impaired we can adjust the volume on our tV's. 

I finally after about 5 minutes turned the channel, reminded me why I don't watch.

@Calcgirl: You say that you seldom watch QVC, so...maybe you're confusing Mary Nelson with another host? I've never known her to shout. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Mary Nelson

[ Edited ]

@K9buddy wrote:

There’s something about her voice that I can’t stand to listen to. It’s kind of shaky and when she finishes a sentence, her voice goes up as if she’s asked a question. 

@K9buddy 

I much prefer Mary Nelson's voice over the hosts that sound very very nasal like Stacey, Rachel and vendor's Jill Martin with GILI and Amy with Clark's.....OR other hosts/vendors that talk a mile a minute and act silly

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I enjoy Mary Nelson as a host....I've never heard her shout

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Frequent Contributor

I love her! I think she is just a genuine authentic person. She has really done a great job. 

Trusted Contributor

Sorry, correction:  it is the other Mary not Mary Nelson.

Trusted Contributor

I like her too and was wondering what happened to her AM Style show as I have not seen it lately or I simply missed it somehow.  She does a good job.

Honored Contributor

@K9buddy wrote:

There’s something about her voice that I can’t stand to listen to. It’s kind of shaky and when she finishes a sentence, her voice goes up as if she’s asked a question. 

Mary is an UP TALKER and she's not the only one who does it. It drives me nuts so I change the channel. Nothing will change, but that doesn't mean one can't complain about it.

Respected Contributor

@forsythia1 wrote:

It sounds like the OP is confusing Mary Nelson with the other Mary.

Now there's a shouter.

Luv Mary Nelson.  She is a keeper!

Personally,  I cannot stand to listen to either of them.  They both have voices that I find annoying.