Honored Contributor
via facebook  

Thank you. If you don’t read beyond this point... you’ll at least know I’m grateful!

June 2012 was pivotal. That’s when I emailed Shawn Killinger QVC with a wordy note about who I was, where I was from, my experience, and above all, my dream: I had looked and looked for months about how to get in the door at QVC, but hadn’t cracked the code. I asked her if she’d be willing to help. She immediately wrote back! Shawn gave me the name of QVC’s casting director, and it was just the spark I needed. After auditioning three times in five years, I made it!

This journey wasn’t just about a job. I had loved shopping at QVC for years because of the hosts. They were genuine, knowledgeable and entertaining! I always felt like, by shopping at the Q, I was part of something more meaningful. Now that I’ve had a chance to be on the other side, I know how true that is.

The desire to be with family and friends has always been great, but in recent months, that feeling has amplified. Arriving at this moment is bittersweet... but mostly sweet. I’m grateful for the last two-and-a-half years! How amazing that a girl from eastern Kentucky, raised in a hollow, could lay the sort of bricks in life that lead to Studio Park! I’ll take all of the good from this experience and apply it somehow in the future. That is TBD. For now, it’s about acknowledging that life is too short to not be where your heart is.

My last day is September 23rd. If you’d like to keep up with my DIY shenanigans after that, please follow @home_sweet_homaha on IG and @homesweethomaha on Twitter.

I thank you dearly for your faith, encouragement, kindness, and friendship.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

There goes another one.

Honored Contributor

For those that didn't like her, she'll be gone in the 23rd! I thought she was a good host.

Honored Contributor

wishing her all the best as she moves forward.

i always liked her, but rarely saw her, especially recently.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

wishing her all the best as she moves forward.

i always liked her, but rarely saw her, especially recently.

@sunshine45 . I liked her a lot, I didn't see her a lot as I don't watch much QVC anymore, but saw her a few times, and I loved her sweet little Southern Accent, to me she sounded a lot like Connie Craig Carroll formerly from HSN....She was a good host in my opinion, and I wish her the very best!

Esteemed Contributor

I wish Mary success and happiness, whatever her future holds. 

She was a good host.  

Super Contributor

I haven't seen Mary for a long time but I did enjoy her. Remember one time when she hosted with Bob Macke. She was great. Talked about one of her aunts who wore Bob's clothes. He seemed to enjoy her as a host. Wish Mary well. 

Trusted Contributor

@blackhole99   I like Mary alot. She has done a really good job and seems so authentic, genuine and sweet. I will take her voice anyday over that fake high pitched annoying Gabrielle Kerr. 

Frequent Contributor

Sorry to see her go...