Honored Contributor

Re: Mary Nelson's Last Show - QVC2 (9/23 12:00-3:00PM)

If they ever add jumping to conclusions to the Olympics the QVC posters will lead the pack!  

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner - AGREED! I mean, how many times do multiple people who are privy to the situation have to state a fact before it can be accepted as a fact? (And for those of us on the outside looking in, how is it any of our business anyway?! We can care and may be affected by things, but we're simply not involved.)

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@loriqvc wrote:

In case anyone missed the show, it is posted on Mary's Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/MaryNelsonQVC/

@loriqvc  Thank you so much for posting this link...I missed the show and did not know that Mary was leaving.  She is a favorite host of mine and I really have liked her genuine laid-back personality with such a sweet demeanor--no dramatics from this lovely woman.  I am glad I will be able to now watch that show and appreciate you thinking of us who missed it. Thanks again!

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@JJK1954 wrote:

Anyone notice that two stage hands sat with her today, and no other hosts were there on the couch with her? Very Odd. She was probably asked to leave. Such a sweet girl. :-(

@JJK1954  Did you watch her entire 3-hr show, or just those last 2 minutes?  There were many hosts videos giving their heartfelt goodbyes to Mary during her show.  Many of them made her cry and she talked even further about her leaving to be back home with family.  Katie McGee even came on set -- because she had the very next show to do -- with champagne and a cake for Mary.  Katie teared up a bit too.

QVC has a beautiful goodbye to Mary on their own FB page.  Mary said point blank that QVC did not ask her to leave.   David Venable said he hopes she can return one day, in his video.  She also said about returning one day, "one never knows..."  Mary Beth Roe said she realizes Mary has to go home for "family issues."

No, I do not believe she was asked to leave. 

I said yesterday in another thread that after hearing Mary over the weekend, I had a feeling something was going on and Mary had to go back to Nebraska.  

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

If she was so great....and wanted to work for QVC SO MUCH......why would she just leave?   Something more to this than just the usual reasons hosts give to cover up THE REAL REASON for leaving.

@SeaMaidenhave you read any of this thread?  

I have a feeling no matter what Mary said or anyone else, like MBR saying Mary was leaving for family issues, some people aren't going to be satisfied. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

At first, when I read her Facebook posting I assumed she was pushed out and was being disingenuous about "family" matters.

However, I readily admit that I changed my mind after seeing her last 3 shows.

If QVC let her go or pushed her out, she would not have been given that forum to say good bye.  She didn't just "disappear" as did a couple of other hosts recently.

She clearly is leaving for some serious issues back in Nebraska, but some posters will never accept that and that's the way it is.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

At first, when I read her Facebook posting I assumed she was pushed out and was being disingenuous about "family" matters.

However, I readily admit that I changed my mind after seeing her last 3 shows.

If QVC let her go or pushed her out, she would not have been given that forum to say good bye.  She didn't just "disappear" as did a couple of other hosts recently.

She clearly is leaving for some serious issues back n Nebraska, but some posters will never accept that and that's the way it is.

During a weekend show, she made a comment about needing to be with family now more than ever.  

Besides being given the time to say good-bye, I also don't think she would have addressed the issue of being asked to leave if she was.  She wouldn't have brought it up IMO. 

Frequent Contributor

I happened across the video of Mary leaving on Shawn's FB post but couldn't get audio so found it on QVC post of Mary's last appearance as host. I'm so very sorry to hear this too.  Shawn did a wonderful tribute post!  From what I've read in this thread, I believe like others here, that family issues are calling her in Nebraska and that she was not asked to leave!  I will say if I'm wrong, then in my little opinion a few other hosts should be looking for the same situation!  I also saw somewhere (I think it was on Shawn's post) a way to keep in touch with Mary. I wasn't sure what app the link was for  - perhaps Instant Message or Twitter?!  Unfortunately I'm not real savy when it comes to IM or Twitter. I know enough to be dangerous!  Perhaps I'll have to attempt to learn something new! LOL!

Honored Contributor

@Gramy24 wrote:

I happened across the video of Mary leaving on Shawn's FB post but couldn't get audio so found it on QVC post of Mary's last appearance as host. I'm so very sorry to hear this too.  Shawn did a wonderful tribute post!  From what I've read in this thread, I believe like others here, that family issues are calling her in Nebraska and that she was not asked to leave!  I will say if I'm wrong, then in my little opinion a few other hosts should be looking for the same situation!  I also saw somewhere (I think it was on Shawn's post) a way to keep in touch with Mary. I wasn't sure what app the link was for  - perhaps Instant Message or Twitter?!  Unfortunately I'm not real savy when it comes to IM or Twitter. I know enough to be dangerous!  Perhaps I'll have to attempt to learn something new! LOL!

@Gramy24   It's Instagram (IG) : @home_sweet_homaha

and Twitter : @homesweethomaha

Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

That isn’t historically true. Mike Rowe was fired 2 or 3 times, and they hired him back. He states that he just wasn’t a good host if he didn’t believe a food tasted good or a product worked well He admits to having basically told the audience the truth. He was apparently a good host if he believed in the product, because they did hire him back. I have heard that working at the Q is much like a big family.Sure, they want you to be good at your job, but I doubt the pressure is as great as some have wondered. I have Ben in highly competitive sales, and I can tell you that the right people don’t need the “threat of losing their job” hanging over them to produce the outstanding sales numbers. Natural salespeople produce because they love what they do. I know because I loved what I did.