Super Contributor

Re: Mary Nelson on Vacation?

Watching a little of AM Style on Q2 with Mary - NOT Good, not good at all. QVC what have you done? Ugh, and this is coming from someone that watched her on my local morning show which she left to go to the Q.  Too bad, another show I'll be not watching with the changes.

Contributor

Mary did a super job. Loved the show!  Lots of fun.

Esteemed Contributor

@everyone. Unfortunately she’s back and up talking worse than ever
Esteemed Contributor

@colover. Her UPTALKING is absolutely nerve wracking. I have to turn her off
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I counted the number of people who apparently don't like Mary Nelson's voice but probably don't like Mary's anything. There are 6 or 7 people in 3 pages of comments who don't like Mary Nelson's voice. Now,  I did NOT count the the same few posters who replied to almost every single negative post.  I think that's sad...trying to bring down a host because of her voice. Makes me wish I could hear what all the negative voices on this thread sound like. You do understand that God gave Mary Nelson her voice we all have different voices. We are all unique.

I don't like a lot of the newer hosts & even some of the more established hosts so I just turn them off & pull up the items they sold to see if I missed something I might want to buy. I'm guessing there are lots of QVC watchers that do the same. If you don't like a host, don't watch or don't buy what they are selling. That's sending a message...I don't think trashing someone because of their voice will but not buying when thery are selling ust might. I don't know but what I do know is that I like Mary Nelson...a lot. She gives the most in depth presentations I have ever seen on QVC.  And that is what is important to me. I also respect her love for her family & especally her obvious devotion to her Mother. Those things matter the most to me.....

Trusted Contributor

What is uptalking?

Honored Contributor

@maxey wrote:

I counted the number of people who apparently don't like Mary Nelson's voice but probably don't like Mary's anything. There are 6 or 7 people in 3 pages of comments who don't like Mary Nelson's voice. Now,  I did NOT count the the same few posters who replied to almost every single negative post.  I think that's sad...trying to bring down a host because of her voice. Makes me wish I could hear what all the negative voices on this thread sound like. You do understand that God gave Mary Nelson her voice we all have different voices. We are all unique.

I don't like a lot of the newer hosts & even some of the more established hosts so I just turn them off & pull up the items they sold to see if I missed something I might want to buy. I'm guessing there are lots of QVC watchers that do the same. If you don't like a host, don't watch or don't buy what they are selling. That's sending a message...I don't think trashing someone because of their voice will but not buying when thery are selling ust might. I don't know but what I do know is that I like Mary Nelson...a lot. She gives the most in depth presentations I have ever seen on QVC.  And that is what is important to me. I also respect her love for her family & especally her obvious devotion to her Mother. Those things matter the most to me.....

@maxey- I don't think anyone on this thread is deliberately trying to trash MN.  They are just stating their opinion about her voice or her uptalking. 

Maybe you feel they are trashing her since you are quite fond of her?

Super Contributor

I like Mary Nelson and her voice never bothered me. I also don't know what 'up talking is.' I really hope to see her do some gardening shows I know it's she enjoys gardening and, the shows I seen her do last year were very good.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Discussing a host's voice is not "trashing" them and certainly violates no rules, as it is a valid, legitimate observation, particularly if it dissuades a sale.

As a professional "performer" on television, a visual and auditory medium, a host should be prepared for such commentary, as should his/her fan base.

Contributor

@maxey- I don't think anyone on this thread is deliberately trying to trash MN.  They are just stating their opinion about her voice or her uptalking. 

Maybe you feel they are trashing her since you are quite fond of her?

Obviously I like her & obviously at least  6-7 people on this thread don't. But why not just say that you don't like her instead of making it personal. What everyone said about her had to do with her voice.  To me...you are complaining about something she cannot change if she's true to herself why would she try to change it? It won't make any difference to  you or to anyone else who just doesn't like her.  To say that you would like her and support her if she had a different voice would be laughable if it were true. I feel sad for anyone who has to live up to expectations by strangers & people she doesn't even know just because they hold her to a standard she can never live up to unless she becomes someone else by developing a voice that isn't hers. Then what....would you complain she's "phoney" because she speaks with a voice not hers? One cannot choose something she was born with (HER VOICE).  I guess I wonder why anyone would think it's ok to make hateful comments about  anyone.  That hasn't worked for Amy Stran has it?