Super Contributor

Mary DeAngelis is such a good host

I happened to click on and see her just now presenting.  I remember when she was some sort of phone rep off set, whom they occasionally would show -- then social media for David, etc. etc.  -- and always thought she could run circles around some of the other "real hosts." 

It's been great to see her evolve and become more poised on air, and polished, and nice to know that someone can come in and get an opportunity while starting from the ground up.

So glad to see that the powers that be recognized this and that she is getting her shot.  I would watch her present just about anything, from food to apparel, and that's saying a lot. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Mary DeAngelis is such a good host

I really enjoy her too. She’s a natural.

Valued Contributor

Different strokes for different folks. I turn it off when she is on.

Esteemed Contributor

@LeaLeander wrote:

I happened to click on and see her just now presenting.  I remember when she was some sort of phone rep off set, whom they occasionally would show -- then social media for David, etc. etc.  -- and always thought she could run circles around some of the other "real hosts." 

It's been great to see her evolve and become more poised on air, and polished, and nice to know that someone can come in and get an opportunity while starting from the ground up.

So glad to see that the powers that be recognized this and that she is getting her shot.  I would watch her present just about anything, from food to apparel, and that's saying a lot. 

Jayne Brown also came up through the QVC ranks. I believe she was a buyer before she applied for the position of Host. Another great move by QVC. Perhaps that's the way hosts should be pre-screened and ultimately hired. I also enjoy Mary very much. She's a joy to watch. Although I seldom watch QVC any more. Check videos of things I'm interested in purchasing only. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

Mary is the best host on QVC!! She is friendly & not at full of herself. She’s down to earth.She goes out of her way to welcome in her viewers.Mary demonstrates & explains the products in a very simple easy to understand way.Yet she never insults our intelligence.

I enjoy watching Mary even when she’s selling something I have no interest in.QVC would be wise to hold on to her!! 💐

Super Contributor

I agree. 

Some of the newer, younger hosts turn me off (and I'm not particularly old) but she is so genuine and seems to really relish her job.  Glad she is getting a nice break in life. 

I watch Q mostly Sept-Christmas, sporadically the rest of the year, though generally tune in for ITKWD on Wed and Sunday if I'm home.  If she had a destination show, I would probably make a point of watching live.

Remember when Q used to go out in the real world with the bus, and the store in the big mall in Minnesota, and do live remote shots?  She would be very good at that. 

Respected Contributor

I love Mary !!! She is just so fun and easy to watch!  I wish she'd take over the Monday night Logo + Inspired Style... I wish she was on more. I've always liked Mary. I cannot think of 1 thing I do not like.... Thanks Mary!!

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

Mary is a pleasure to watch,

Image result for small smiley face  thumbs up images

Honored Contributor

Absolutely one of the best of the newer hosts!!!

Super Contributor

I kinda agree. She is very pleasant and thorough but  wish she would have her own way....she speaks too much like David. (P.S. Love David, could watch him all day)