Trusted Contributor

Respected Contributor

I agree.

She had the bobbed hair, but I think on her, the longer style is better--not to be confused with Rapunzel, of course.

She is a great host. 

Trusted Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I thought Mary Beth looked best with the bob she sported a few years ago.  "Here's the thing" (couldn't resist), in Mary Beth's case I think it has less to do with the length than it does with the amount of poof and plaster.  When she wears her hair longer it looks more "done", and I think that ages her.  I didn't like her short hair (10-15 years ago) either for that very reason.  The bob seemed swingier and less fussy.

@faeriemoon wrote:

I thought Mary Beth looked best with the bob she sported a few years ago.  "Here's the thing" (couldn't resist), in Mary Beth's case I think it has less to do with the length than it does with the amount of poof and plaster.  When she wears her hair longer it looks more "done", and I think that ages her.  I didn't like her short hair (10-15 years ago) either for that very reason.  The bob seemed swingier and less fussy.

totally agree, and yesterday she really looked like there were lots of "extra false pieces" in her hair...I  didn't care for the look...but, goodness it's just my opinion!!!!

Respected Contributor

A lot has to do with face shape and style. Some women look better with longer hair. Now I am not talking about Rapunzel length parted in the middle a la old hippie.  But I don't think all women look good in short hair.  We all don't look great in long hair either.

And in MB's case, it's professionally maintained. She looks lovely.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Christie-Brinkley_-Sports-Illustrated-Swimsuit-2017--14-662x993.jpg  

Christie Brinkley = Healthy Lifestyle! 64? Wow!

@Sweet_Serenity

Come on she had "work" done.....

NEW BEAUTY magainzine By Danielle Fontana , Assistant Editor | October 04, 2017

Known for her ability to quite literally defy aging before cameras and critics, supermodel Christie Brinkley has long claimed to do nothing more than “dabble” with dermatological treatments such as Botox Cosmetic and in-office, noninvasive procedures to keep her youthful complexion beaming and taut. Recently, however, the 63-year-old beauty opened up to People about two new procedures she’s been relying on: Xeomin—a botulinum toxin, which like Botox Cosmetic or Dysport, is used to relax frown lines between the eyebrows—and Ultherapy an FDA-approved, noninvasive treatment that uses ultrasound technology to tighten skin.

“I wondered if people would think I’m phony and fake,” Brinkley said of her initial use of the treatments. “But it’s better to be honest and say, ‘Yeah, this is what I do.’” However, the icon says taking the first step and trying the treatments, especially Xeomin was no easy feat. “I was so afraid to do it. But I still feel like myself. I could still move my eyebrows and I feel like I have all my same funny faces. It was like a noninvasive pick-me-up.” 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@Big Joanie wrote:

i have caught Mary Beth on air several times in the last couple of weeks

and thought the hair is too long ....I'm not saying short short .. but I think

this lenght ages her .....

I seldom see Mary Beth due to the time she is on.

One day I did see her, and thought "wow, she looks so much younger with that short hair."  Then she turned to the side and it was just pinned up in the back!

I have yet to see ANY woman who doesn't look younger when they cut their hair.

Hyacinth

And I think just the opposite.  I see an older lady who goes short and think "there it is - the I'm-giving-up-and-going-with-the-easy-boy-look."  I have very thick, full, healthy, curly hair that is almost bra length.  I have no plans to go short.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

Never denied the facts, of course CB had work done...nothing to do with her incredibly toned body, comes from working-out. She looks amazing! 

Super Contributor

@mishka14 wrote:

Please post a pic of yourself, I'd like to critique your "look."

NO pic of me....I am old, fat and ugly...and I certainly know it.....I critique myself enough for everyone.....

In a way, we all resemble C. Brinkley only slightly different here and there.  It's the kindness one exudes ... not what our mirror possesses.

Respected Contributor
  • Regarding aging neck issues, there are procedures plastic surgeons do to tighten the skin.  However, turtle necks and scarves are cheaper! 
Trusted Contributor

Why do they pose 3/4 naked?