Esteemed Contributor

I am a fan of Mary Beth and I hope she recovers and comes back to QVC soon.

Valued Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

I am a fan of Mary Beth and I hope she recovers and comes back to QVC soon.

Me too @apple1964.  She is such a sweet, positive woman.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

It sounded like the accident was very bad and they are lucky to have made it out so well! I do hope she's ok. I also hope she isn't forced to retire! I was injured at work and was forced to retire. I guess they didn't want to admit blame so I was totally forgotten until I received a letter stating I had to return without stipulation, retire, or be fired! After twenty years it is very hurtful to be tossed away due to no fault of one's own!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.

I saw the photo also and was thrilled to see Mary Beth with her QVC family.  I miss her terribly and look forward to her return to the show.  It's just not the same without her.  Hang in there MB!

Honored Contributor

Concussions are not a quick heal.  They also can leave residual effects, including dizziness, double vision, headaches... etc.  I had a serious one in 2010 and to this day I have a slight problem left with my balance and can "think" I'm walking straight but am actually wobbly to one side a little bit  and then correct myself.  That's as good as it will get for me BUT I consider myself extremely lucky because I also had 3 brain bleeds (that spontaneously healed) and nearly died....

I believe she's had 6 weeks of therapy and then we heard she needed 6 more weeks.  It takes time and I wish her the very best and hope she completely heals......

It's not easy recovering from a head injury because you "look" fine.....and people think since you "look" fine, you are fine..... she needs to take the time she needs and come back ONLY if she can.  My prayers for MB.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

Mary Beth is one of the true ladies of QVC. She should be training the younger host's how to present themselves and the products on the Q.

Come back soon Mary Beth, you are truly one of the best!

Don't worry, be Happy!
Esteemed Contributor

Miss you, MB. Take your time and get all well. You're greatly missed.

Honored Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

She does not give a time frame.  I suppose when she feels well enough.  I bet she retires.

Yes....I retired after a major surgery three years ago. I just realized after 25 years....I was DONE! I was enjoying waking up and having my life to myself and not the clock.....I hope MaryBeth makes the decision that brings her joy and happiness. Life is too short.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@sparklestar wrote:

She does not give a time frame.  I suppose when she feels well enough.  I bet she retires.

Yes....I retired after a major surgery three years ago. I just realized after 25 years....I was DONE! I was enjoying waking up and having my life to myself and not the clock.....I hope MaryBeth makes the decision that brings her joy and happiness. Life is too short.

That's exactly how I felt, @SeaMaiden. Unexpectedly one day, I realized "I was DONE." It was the best decision of my life. I knew retirement was going to be heaven on earth, and it truly is. My only regret is I worked too long and too hard all of my life. Of course, it would have been no good if I were not prepared financially. To that I thought, "enough is enough." If you haven't prepared for retirement, of course you have to work until....

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@sparklestar wrote:

That's exactly how I felt, @SeaMaiden. Unexpectedly one day, I realized "I was DONE." It was the best decision of my life. I knew retirement was going to be heaven on earth, and it truly is. My only regret is I worked too long and too hard all of my life. Of course, it would have been no good if I were not prepared financially. To that I thought, "enough is enough." If you haven't prepared for retirement, of course you have to work until....

@febe1  I would never work for years and years for STUFF. I think many people see retirement as traveling, buying a second home, etc....you can do with less, and have plenty.  People get too wrapped up in all the stuff they need to make them happy.