Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

It's very evident the old timer's are worried about being replaced simply because of the sudden change in their appearance and the hard sales pitch. These hosts who have been at the Q for 20 years or more are making big bucks and want to hold onto positions they will never find again outside the Q. I would not be surprised if MBR isn't the next host to decide to retire. By the way, I have never seen MBR on air at 6AM in all the years I've been watching QVC.

How many hosts have you spoken to?

@mom2four0418, I'm also trying to figure out who all the "old timer's" are that have had a sudden change in their appearance? 

New Contributor

I fear she is being "forced out" by relegating her to the early mornings.  I love most of the older, original hosts and it breaks my heart to see all the new younger hosts who just don't have the connection and authenticity of Mary Beth Roe, Carolyn Gracie, Dan Hughes, Pat Dimentri, etc...

I have been with QVC since almost the beginning and I don't like the changes I am seeing.  I am feeling old and pushed aside as QVC goes for the younger customers.

Regular Contributor

I totally agree about KL. It seems she is always on for 3 or 4 hours at a time. The old saying I love me I think Iam grand!!!!!!!!

Valued Contributor
I think there is some fibbing going on about hosts hours and changing hair colors. I bet someone suggested to Antonella to try a makeover. She seems like she is good sport. IMO, she doesn't look younger. Wish she would go back to dark hair and get a shorter cut. What, the sprays to cover gray hair don't work?
Valued Contributor
Adrienne has actually shown her gray roots on HSN. I think she sells a product to cover gray. Anyone ever tried it? There has to be a solution that doesn't require going blonde.
Trusted Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Yes, she must be filling in for someone. I have never seen her on this early.

I doubt it.  She was on at midnight a few days ago and now, super early?  There are plenty of other people that could have worked at 6:00 a.m.

Things are different at QVC.  Very different.

Trusted Contributor

@YogiGirl wrote:

I fear she is being "forced out" by relegating her to the early mornings.  I love most of the older, original hosts and it breaks my heart to see all the new younger hosts who just don't have the connection and authenticity of Mary Beth Roe, Carolyn Gracie, Dan Hughes, Pat Dimentri, etc...

I have been with QVC since almost the beginning and I don't like the changes I am seeing.  I am feeling old and pushed aside as QVC goes for the younger customers.

And we already know the new ideas will never get those people as customers.

Honored Contributor

I don't know why people are having problems with the idea tha the long time hosts aren't being treated like they are special.  My guess is, special hours for special hosts has presented problem with hosts over the years.  QVC has started a new page and all the hosts work all hours and appear on all the QVC channels now.  They don't have junior hosts and senior hosts....they are all show hosts.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Mary Beth at 6 a.m.?

[ Edited ]

Just my thought...is it possible that the new “regime” at  QVC (Qurate) are not paying attention to seniority nor host preference on hours. Could be part of the reason for Jill deciding that it was time to go. Let’s face it, the newer the host the lower the required salary. This happens in all areas, let go or force the older employees out and hire younger less experienced ones.

Valued Contributor
It is true that the older hosts make more. However, a lot of oldtimers aren't watching the younger hosts. When MB is on at 6am, she probably has to get there at 4am. I truly doubt she wants to come in that early. Hosts that work at midnight probably get off at 2. I hope I am wrong, but it isn't looking good for Mary Beth and probably others. The Q is doing what they think is best. My guess is we will be seeing a lot of changes in the near future.