Regular Contributor

Re: Mary Beth Today with Bob Mackie..What happened??

I agree. It's almost like she's copying Pat Dementri these days in the way she acts and looks. Both wear those hideous fake lashes. I'm sure it's difficult with the new young hosts coming on board but trying to look and act 20 years younger is not becoming. 

Esteemed Contributor

@TN halfback wrote:

I agree. It's almost like she's copying Pat Dementri these days in the way she acts and looks. Both wear those hideous fake lashes. I'm sure it's difficult with the new young hosts coming on board but trying to look and act 20 years younger is not becoming. 

@TN halfback .... I think Mary Beth & Pat look FANTASTIC!!!!!!! 😊

Esteemed Contributor

I just looked a a few videos from this mornings Bob Mackie show with Mary Beth Roe .... I DID NOT see what the OP mentioned ... Mary Beth did not seem “rushed & anxious” or “nervous & overbearing “ at all.  🙃

Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

I just looked a a few videos from this mornings Bob Mackie show with Mary Beth Roe .... I DID NOT see what the OP mentioned ... Mary Beth did not seem “rushed & anxious” or “nervous & overbearing “ at all.  🙃

@January121i agree with you.....

i watched most of the show and bought four items. i also did not see anything that the OP mentioned. it was a nice evenly paced show and we got to hear bob talk quite a bit PLUS see a bit behind of the scenes of his involvement with THE CHER SHOW on broadway.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

The show today was the longest two hours I've experienced.  Mary Beth verbally stumbled and stuttered around to the point it was painful to listen.  No, she is not comfortable selling clothing and doesn't do it justice.  Thank goodness Bob's clothing pretty much sells itself.

While on the subject of Bob's clothing; I watched at show late last night with Christine Zell as host.  There was a shirt in which I was interested.  The most important information she was able to give the audience was that it was cute.  I laid in bed wondering if it was woven or knit, cotton or a cotton/poly blend or all polyester.  None of the important info was ever given.  This morning I checked on it and bought it.  The hosts seem to assume we, like them, can feel the fabric.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624  I also saw that fairly new host very early this morning. She's horrible and her small vocabulary is appauling and so monotanous! How did she pass probation? I could have stayed asleep. Wasn't about to buy anything and have it credited to her.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Occasional Contributor

I missed Bob Mackie's show. I love many of his designs! I cannot stand when the hosts over talk the designers! I am SO SICK of hearing them interrupt the designer to constantly irritate us with "how many" are left. NOTE TO QVC: I WANT TO HEAR THE DESIGNER SPEAK ABOUT THEIR OWN CLOTHING!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Equuleus wrote:

Don't know how often you watch but I seen no change from the last several times she's been hosting a show.  Maybe there was a reason she was rushed -- time constraints, time demands, etc.  QVC is quick sell now.  It's not a time to sit and relax and shop - those days are gone.  Home shopping is not longer what it used to be.  QVC now has more competition with online shopping, Amazon, etc.  You got to go with the changes or make the choice for you, and don't watch. 

It isn't about relaxing entertainment.  It's money.

just my opinion but I think QVC is slow in their presentations, taking up way too much time with useless chit chat, when the focus should be on product,  I don't find it rushed.    

I agree.  There's too much time wasted on useless filler.  If they want to keep step with the times, they have to provide the info that shoppers want to know.  I don't find it rushed either.  I find many presentations to be a complete mismanagement of time.

If I'm interested in a bag, for example, I want to know the dimensions and I want to know if there's a clasp or a zipper, and I want to see the inside.. One of the big reasons I rarely watch anymore is because I sat thru so many presentations filled with silliness and personal anecdotes and fake kisses and hugs only to have them run out of time before providing the most basic info about the product. 

If they want to compete with Amazon and other successful companies, they need to stop insulting the intelligence of their viewers.  I don't see QVC as "quick sell".  I see them as more and more "hard sell" all the time.  Heavy on the sales talk, but not so great with providing actual information about what they're selling. 

Regular Contributor

Well, to me a lot of the Host acts like they were trained on the old TV show - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In. 

It appears the days of classy - knowledgeable days are over. Seems like they are being now re-trained like the host on HSN. They are always loud and obnoxious - one of the reason I seldom watched!

For the past few weeks, I have had to mute the tv and I'm watching less. I have found that I view more from the site - less noise. I may miss out on a few things that sales fast BUT what I don't know - don't hurt. Smiley Happy

I sent this message from the last living brain cell I have.
Trusted Contributor

They all do it now.  Dan was talking over Valerie Parr the other day.   And I wasn't happy about it because she was in the middle of describing something I wanted to purchase!  

It's just plain obnoxious and rude.