Respected Contributor
Mary Beth is very focused, something I wish some of the others would take note of. IMO a true professional in her field.
Esteemed Contributor

Mary Beth is a class act.  I used to love the shows with Nolan Miller.  She also used to do the Honora shows, and loved them as well.  She is real, and she don't need to brag about anything.  You can tell she is a wonderful Mother and wife and her family is very important to her.  She has a way of telling us that, without going on and on and on about them.  I admire her and love her as a host and as a person. 

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

Very professional and personable host.  I watched a bit of the Women in Control segment and I thought she did an admirable job of describing the items.

I really enjoy her presentations as well.  Carolyn is good too.  They always give good information on what they are presentating.  They stick with the facts.  No over sell with these two hosts.

I also enjoy Carolyn but I roll my eyes at her saying she owns everything she presents in all the colors....and she does this with practically everything.... if she does own it all.... more power to her.... but she really needs to tone it down because IMHO it's a soft hard sell and it's to get us to think "well, if Carolyn loves it it's got to be great so I should buy it."

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

BTW, I agree wholeheartedly that MBR is a class act and so is Carolyn.... I've heard MBR state when she owns something but it's only on occasion that she does so... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor
MaryBeth is surely a professional class act!
Esteemed Contributor

ANd shock of shock I have actually seen Mary Beth wearing QVC clothing when not doing fashion presentations!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, Mary Beth is the consummate professional. She can sell bricks to a drowning man. Seriously, though, she is a very talented saleswoman, a host who can sell us just about anything.

Trusted Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

Very professional and personable host.  I watched a bit of the Women in Control segment and I thought she did an admirable job of describing the items.

MBR has to be the most senior host at QVC or close to it.  Maybe JRT has been there a bit longer.  Anyway, MBR probably appeals more to the older generation of QVC shoppers.  I'm in that category since I've been watching since 1990.  QVC is a business that now has a lot of competition, so they have to keep things current and try to reel in younger viewers.  MBR is genuine and does her job well.  I used to have favorite hosts way back when, but those people are long gone and the QVC of old left with them.  I liked when a Kathy Levine would kibitz with Joan Rivers for hours on a Saturday night and keep us laughing along with them.  Funny, too, that I bought a heck of a lot more back then. 

Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

Mary Beth is a class act.  I used to love the shows with Nolan Miller.  She also used to do the Honora shows, and loved them as well.  She is real, and she don't need to brag about anything.  You can tell she is a wonderful Mother and wife and her family is very important to her.  She has a way of telling us that, without going on and on and on about them.  I admire her and love her as a host and as a person. 

Mary Beth and Nolan Miller was QVC at its very best, @BalletBabe

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

You can tell that she's a genuinely nice person in real life, not a phony. 

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~