Super Contributor

Mary Beth is one of my favorite hosts as well. She seems so sweet

Super Contributor

So "Here's the thing"....... Mary Beth is theeee BEST!!!

Not a bad word for THAT girl!!

Respected Contributor

@software wrote:

I couldn't agree more!

MB is a class act, she should be training the new, younger hosts.

But QVC has chosen a different path and hosts like MB need not apply.

@KathyPet wrote:

HEre's the thing.  MAry Beth is my favorite host.  CAlm, cool, collected.  NO silly dancing or singing.  NO kissy face with the vendors.  behaves like a grown woman not a 12 year old.  PRovides the information needed to make a purchase.  THe rest of the motley QVC crew should take lessons.

@software I believe she does train the new hosts.  She trained Alberti, Elise and Katie as I recall.  

Honored Contributor

She is okay, but I don't particularly enjoy watching her. Just not my cup of tea.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I have all the respect in the world for Mary Beth but do have to remember that she has been at it for a long time, a real pro.  Also, she has done other things like beauty pagents; which have probably added to her natural communication ability and charm.  One thing for sure, I doubt her natural sweetness can ever be duplicated.  As a side note, Mary Beth is the daughter of a pastor.

Esteemed Contributor

Mary Beth does an excellent job. She's there to sell and go home. No ego or self promotion. Wish all hosts were like Mary Beth. Carolyn and Mary Beth, I believe, are the two best hosts and the workhorses at the Q.

Honored Contributor

Here's the thing:  She's very nice, and as hosts go she's one of the better ones, but she seems very naive to me.  Also, her manner of speaking makes me kind of crazy.  

Valued Contributor

I feel she does a  great job. She knows herself and projects it. Not an easy job being in front  of the world. I cringe  thinking  of the  constant picking apart and judging people do. I wonder how long i would last.. She is a nice person, you can tell

Nice to see a thread  thats complimentary . ..

Respected Contributor

I think Mary Beth is the best of all the hosts at presenting the item, telling us what we need to know about the product, and staying on topic.  She does not go on and on about  herself or her family but yet she is considerate of the vendor, kind to people calling in, and handling any situation.  I could watch her all day.  

Honored Contributor

She is indeed professional and informative in her presentations, dresses very modestly, speaks softly, loves everyone and everything - and I don't enjoy watching her any more than some of the screechy hyperhosts.

I feel like I need to double up on my diabetes medications after a few minutes' viewing. Way too much sugar for me. Even when genuine (which I don't doubt) too much is too much. Pastor Dan bothers me less than she does and I am able to watch him more.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all