Respected Contributor

Re: Mary Beth Roe's 35th Anniversary - April 21 7am ET

@colleena wrote:

@DottieBlue I'm not sure if this could be but I remember Mary Beth posting a pix of her daughter at one point the last couple years & there was some pretty ugly comments made by posters after.

I had no idea.  What a horrible thing to do. 

The last time I saw Elizabeth on air was when Mary Beth did her Christmas show and they were baking cookies together.  Elizabeth seemed like a lovely girl.  She looked to be about 10 years old at the time.

Honored Contributor

@DottieBlue @colleena   Mary Beth posted a picture of her daughter on FB a few years ago. Her daughter had a few tattoos and the FB replies were very rude about the tattoos.

Trusted Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ Thank you for remembering the specifics on the picture. I always think children should be off limits on criticism on these boards. 

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@DottieBlue @colleena   Mary Beth posted a picture of her daughter on FB a few years ago. Her daughter had a few tattoos and the FB replies were very rude about the tattoos.

Im sure Mary Beth objected to the tattoos. They are so unsightly. I couldnt fathom Mary Beth advocating her daughter gets tattoos.

Esteemed Contributor

Hosts should stop posting pictures of children and family on their open QVC Public Personality social media pages if they don't want commentary.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Im sure Mary Beth objected to the tattoos. They are so unsightly. I couldnt fathom Mary Beth advocating her daughter gets tattoos.

@Reever  I'm not sure what Mary Beth thinks about them. I was surprised she posted the picture on Facebook. Seems to me she wouldn't have posted the pictures if she was so against it. I guess we will never know.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reever wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

No one knows her personally, but she seems like a very loving, supportive Mom. I disagree with your comments.

“If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.” -Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

Mary Beth didn't need to "advocate" for her daughter's tattoo.   She was legally old enough to get them of her own accord.

Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Mary Beth didn't need to "advocate" for her daughter's tattoo.   She was legally old enough to get them of her own accord.

I couldnt fathom Mary Beth getting a tattoo. My point is she was probably disappointed with her daughter defacing her body.  Such a shame society has embraced these trashy symbols of sailorhood in the 1950s and 60s.

Trusted Contributor

@paixmcdao I totally agree with you as I can't imagine Mary Beth any other way.