Reply
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,984
Registered: ‎01-22-2012

Re: Marthat Stewart coming back to QVC in new deal


@Spurt wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@DecorDiva wrote:

Like QVC needs more beauty and clothing lines.  I believe those are the biggest profit margins for QVC, especially if it is a house brand.  I'd like to see Martha's shows focus on what made her a household name - cooking, crafts and decoratiing.


@DecorDiva

 

Well I was surprised even beauty products took a hit in QVC's last financial report........I think QVC's main problem with their beauty products is OVERKILL with all the beauty shows on their regular channels PLUS Beauty IQ..........women can only use so many cosmetics.....

 

The US experienced declines in jewelry, electronics and beauty, which were partially offset by gains in apparel, home and accessories.

 

http://ir.libertyinteractive.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=1014970

 


Doesn't surprise me "beauty" took a financial hit, @Spurt. How much Philosophy and IT can one buy?


@febe1

 

QVC just overdoes everything....if something sells well the first time, I can see bringing it back a second time in case some customers werent able to get their shade or fragrancebecause it sold out....but COME ON....they don't need show it over and over and over week after week, month after month, (like It Cosmetics and Argan Oil and Philosophy almost every weekend!!!).......and some products have auto delivery so  why would you buy again??????????  It's just a puzzlement!!!!  Who are the buyers and person that picks products for these shows....they need to use ome good old fashion common sense!.....beauty and cosmetics do go bad after awhile too


And both Philosophy & IT LOVE Supersizes to go along with their A/D. I stay away from Supersizes since I've had Philosophy HIAJ Supersize go rancid on me after a few months. It turned yellow and watery and smelled very bad. Also had Dr. Denise Supersize Meletonin Daycream go bad: turned to like brown mud. I stay away from both vendors after.

So the Q's answer to low beauty sales is to open up an entire channel devoted to beauty showing the same things as on the Q. Mr. George is just a bundle of new, fresh ideas.... Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,943
Registered: ‎09-12-2013

Re: Marthat Stewart coming back to QVC in new deal


@febe1 wrote:

Glad to get any new vendor. Gosh, the Q might need another channel.


@febe1  😂😂😂

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,984
Registered: ‎01-22-2012

Re: Marthat Stewart coming back to QVC in new deal


@bigbaglady wrote:

wonder if she will be paired with Shawn who was on her original apprentice show. She got fired from that because Martha didn't like her statement "fake it  till you make it" Should be interesting to see if they are together.


Martha might think she's still at "fake it till you make it."

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,536
Registered: ‎05-27-2014

Re: Marthat Stewart coming back to QVC in new deal

This is great news!!!!!

Martha Stewart rocks.

 

dee

Honored Contributor
Posts: 24,685
Registered: ‎07-21-2011

Re: Marthat Stewart coming back to QVC in new deal

I did not read your link but I am excited that Martha is coming to the Q.  I always enjoyed watching her shows and the ideas she shares.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,536
Registered: ‎05-27-2014

Re: Marthat Stewart coming back to QVC in new deal


@bigbaglady wrote:

wonder if she will be paired with Shawn who was on her original apprentice show. She got fired from that because Martha didn't like her statement "fake it  till you make it" Should be interesting to see if they are together.


Hopefully their paths will never cross. That pairing would be frightening. I wouldn't mind seeing her with Mary Beth, Sandra Bennett, or Gabrielle. Someone like Katie McGee might work too. With Jill it might get a bit testy (2 very strong personalities there, I mean no disrespect).

 

dee 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,012
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Marthat Stewart coming back to QVC in new deal


@homedecor1 wrote:

I enjoy Martha Stewart whether her cooking shows on PBS or when she had her own show. Everything I've even bought from Macy's (or KMart way back when) have always been great quality. I am still using pieces that are over 35+ years old.

 

Her selection in our local Macy's has been "shrinking" maybe because she's focusing on Q.

 

Perhaps she will breathe some "freshness" into the home & kitchen segments for Q. Personally, IMO i feel Tara (Temptations) has run its course and Valerie is the same things many i can find in a catalog or store at 1/2 the price.

 

Cant wait to see her shows!

 

 


Tired of  TT too.  The presentations are getting boring.    I have many sets and don't need more plus I have seen the quality go down.  Will be interesting to see Martha Stewart.  Variety is nice. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,012
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Marthat Stewart coming back to QVC in new deal


@Spurt wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@gardensla wrote:

Link to story

 

From the release, Martha quoted here:

 

“Our brand has always been devoted to teaching and inspiring people to live more beautiful, more functional and more meaningful lives and our products provide solutions to do just that,” said Stewart. “I am thrilled to partner with QVC, which offers unique opportunities to engage directly with an even broader audience, bringing to life several new categories for the Martha brand including beauty and fashion.”


I can't imagine her interacting with any host, maybe they will just let her do her own thing.  She is calming and her recipes are very good.  She is the one who gave the Beekman Boys the idea to sell their soap after they gifted some to her.  I believe one of them use to work for her.  There is a lady on Evine who seems so at home cooking on TV, I cannot remember her name but I like to watch her.  Which host do you think would be a good match up for her?  maybe Mary Beth.  Although I have watched her with Snoop Dog the rapper and they are really funny together.Smiley Happy


@sunshine 919

 

That's a good question what host would be a good matchup???????

 

I think Carolyn, Mary Beth or Pat.....If QVC could drag Alberti away from Beauty IQ (where his talents are wasted...JMHO) he would be a nice match............

 

Or when Martha does food......Mary might be good....................

 

But I can just see Martha and Jane Treacy paired.....and Martha rolling her eyes as Jane goes on and on and on about her latest family adventures....LOL!!! ..........Or Jill.....as Jill tries to OUTDO Martha Stewart ..........Woman Indifferent



@Spurt wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@gardensla wrote:

Link to story

 

From the release, Martha quoted here:

 

“Our brand has always been devoted to teaching and inspiring people to live more beautiful, more functional and more meaningful lives and our products provide solutions to do just that,” said Stewart. “I am thrilled to partner with QVC, which offers unique opportunities to engage directly with an even broader audience, bringing to life several new categories for the Martha brand including beauty and fashion.”


I can't imagine her interacting with any host, maybe they will just let her do her own thing.  She is calming and her recipes are very good.  She is the one who gave the Beekman Boys the idea to sell their soap after they gifted some to her.  I believe one of them use to work for her.  There is a lady on Evine who seems so at home cooking on TV, I cannot remember her name but I like to watch her.  Which host do you think would be a good match up for her?  maybe Mary Beth.  Although I have watched her with Snoop Dog the rapper and they are really funny together.Smiley Happy


@sunshine 919

 

That's a good question what host would be a good matchup???????

 

I think Carolyn, Mary Beth or Pat.....If QVC could drag Alberti away from Beauty IQ (where his talents are wasted...JMHO) he would be a nice match............

 

Or when Martha does food......Mary might be good....................

 

But I can just see Martha and Jane Treacy paired.....and Martha rolling her eyes as Jane goes on and on and on about her latest family adventures....LOL!!! ..........Or Jill.....as Jill tries to OUTDO Martha Stewart ..........Woman Indifferent


Or doing the "happy dance" with David?   She would be good with Alberti or Rick, I think. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,012
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Marthat Stewart coming back to QVC in new deal


@febe1 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@DecorDiva wrote:

Like QVC needs more beauty and clothing lines.  I believe those are the biggest profit margins for QVC, especially if it is a house brand.  I'd like to see Martha's shows focus on what made her a household name - cooking, crafts and decoratiing.


@DecorDiva

 

Well I was surprised even beauty products took a hit in QVC's last financial report........I think QVC's main problem with their beauty products is OVERKILL with all the beauty shows on their regular channels PLUS Beauty IQ..........women can only use so many cosmetics.....

 

The US experienced declines in jewelry, electronics and beauty, which were partially offset by gains in apparel, home and accessories.

 

http://ir.libertyinteractive.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=1014970

 


Doesn't surprise me "beauty" took a financial hit, @Spurt. How much Philosophy and IT can one buy?


And how much gets returned due to wrong colors, etc.?  (or the fact that the item didn't work miracles!)

Honored Contributor
Posts: 32,402
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: Marthat Stewart coming back to QVC in new deal


@sunshine 919 wrote:

@gardensla wrote:

Link to story

 

From the release, Martha quoted here:

 

“Our brand has always been devoted to teaching and inspiring people to live more beautiful, more functional and more meaningful lives and our products provide solutions to do just that,” said Stewart. “I am thrilled to partner with QVC, which offers unique opportunities to engage directly with an even broader audience, bringing to life several new categories for the Martha brand including beauty and fashion.”


I can't imagine her interacting with any host, maybe they will just let her do her own thing.  She is calming and her recipes are very good.  She is the one who gave the Beekman Boys the idea to sell their soap after they gifted some to her.  I believe one of them use to work for her.  There is a lady on Evine who seems so at home cooking on TV, I cannot remember her name but I like to watch her.  Which host do you think would be a good match up for her?  maybe Mary Beth.  Although I have watched her with Snoop Dog the rapper and they are really funny together.Smiley Happy


@sunshine 919

 

This was an interesting quote from an article on the Homeshoppingista's Blog on Martha Stewart's return to QVC...............

 

Stewart has hawked products on QVC and HSN, and at least one ex-QVC host says she was a nasty piece of work.

 

https://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2017/05/

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”