Honored Contributor

Re: Marthat Stewart coming back to QVC in new deal

I enjoy Martha Stewart whether her cooking shows on PBS or when she had her own show. Everything I've even bought from Macy's (or KMart way back when) have always been great quality. I am still using pieces that are over 35+ years old.

Her selection in our local Macy's has been "shrinking" maybe because she's focusing on Q.

Perhaps she will breathe some "freshness" into the home & kitchen segments for Q. Personally, IMO i feel Tara (Temptations) has run its course and Valerie is the same things many i can find in a catalog or store at 1/2 the price.

Cant wait to see her shows!

Respected Contributor

Well, I for one will tune in and see how it is. I was one of her fans back in the day. I loved watching her show in the morning with my coffee - and I still use some of her tips, recipes and products today. Mine our still from her line at K- Mart, obviously well made since that was many years ago now...

Hopefully - she will share a few more of her "it's a good thing" ideas while presenting her products.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardensla wrote:

Link to story

From the release, Martha quoted here:

“Our brand has always been devoted to teaching and inspiring people to live more beautiful, more functional and more meaningful lives and our products provide solutions to do just that,” said Stewart. “I am thrilled to partner with QVC, which offers unique opportunities to engage directly with an even broader audience, bringing to life several new categories for the Martha brand including beauty and fashion.”

I can't imagine her interacting with any host, maybe they will just let her do her own thing.  She is calming and her recipes are very good.  She is the one who gave the Beekman Boys the idea to sell their soap after they gifted some to her.  I believe one of them use to work for her.  There is a lady on Evine who seems so at home cooking on TV, I cannot remember her name but I like to watch her.  Which host do you think would be a good match up for her?  maybe Mary Beth.  Although I have watched her with Snoop Dog the rapper and they are really funny together.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

She's bringing a beauty and fashion line to QVC?   

Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

@Bri36 this is exactly what immediately stood out to me from that announcement.  Beauty & Fashion lines -- from Martha Stewart?? 

Trusted Contributor

Like QVC needs more beauty and clothing lines.  I believe those are the biggest profit margins for QVC, especially if it is a house brand.  I'd like to see Martha's shows focus on what made her a household name - cooking, crafts and decoratiing.

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

@Bri36 this is exactly what immediately stood out to me from that announcement.  Beauty & Fashion lines -- from Martha Stewart?? 

Interesting

Honored Contributor

Fashion and beauty, no.  Crafts and cooking, yes.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad to get any new vendor. Gosh, the Q might need another channel.

Contributor

wonder if she will be paired with Shawn who was on her original apprentice show. She got fired from that because Martha didn't like her statement "fake it  till you make it" Should be interesting to see if they are together.