Honored Contributor

I thought the candles were beautiful. I particularly liked the wood/bark ones. I have not seen that type of covering for a candle. They may be out there, but this is the first time I have seen them. The little beehive was cute too.

As to Amy and Martha together, the only thing I noticed was that Amy needed to get in the business stuff (size, color, price, etc.), which is her job. But Martha was telling about what you could do with the candles, how to display them.

That is not uncommon when I watch QVC presentations. The host knows they have to give the business side of the presentation and the vendors like to talk about their creation. Natural enough and see it frequently.

I think the vendors who have been on QVC for years and years know that they have to let the hosts cut in from time to time to give the price, how many are left, etc. Martha will get used to that at some point.

I noticed that so many of her candles sold out! So that shows me that people like me enjoy her products and there evidently is a need for yet another candle vendor on QVC. Good for her. 

Looking forward to seeing her clothing presentation coming up shortly today. I already have a few of her clothes. They are of good quality, wear well, and I get many compliments on them. Even if I didn't, I would still continue to buy her clothes because I like them. Nothing real fancy, just good quality and fit on me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Martha's Candles

[ Edited ]

@AussieLuvr wrote:

I ordered the tapers because honestly, I've been looking for something like these for two years.Most of the tapers out there are very fake looking.

But that's not why I'm writing. Am I crazy or did I just hear Martha say that everything she makes is so beautiful that everyone wants it - either as a gift or to purchase?

Not a particularly humble thing to say!

@AussieLuvr I know those kind of statements bug me too. But I have been hearing that from many vendors on QVC. I even heard Louis say that, which I was surprised because he truly seems humble to me. "Everyone loves this top."

Harry Slatkin said that recently, and "waxed" on how "everyone that gets my candles, loves them." I got one of his sometime back, but didn't love it. Gave it away.

Susan Graver says the same thing.

I think it is that when people meet and talk with the vendors, it is just common to say stuff like that...."I just love your stuff!" because you wouldn't say "I just hate your stuff" to their face.  ha!

Valued Contributor

@corita  I thought it was me, but I agree about the prices.  Three faux candles w/o all the shells, and pedestals and glass containers were over $100.  But then again I also don't have a house in Maine, another in the Hamptons.  I was only watching during commercials so there may be a few locations I missed.  I know she's worked hard for many years, but I thought her total lack of humility while selling on a shopping channel was a bit much.  And I wish she'd quit playing with that hair.  I'm cranky because this has to be one of the hottest summers of my life.  Even with new central air, we can't get this house below 75 during the day, so I guess I'm just being snarky.

Regular Contributor

Carol in NC: Martha is a successful entrepreneur & has been very successful. 

Super Contributor

@AussieLuvr

The word humble and Martha Stewart do not in any way go together. She is a lot of things, but not humble. I can appreciate some of her style/decor, but really don't care for her condescending manner. 

Super Contributor

@bootsanne

Yes, agree with everything you said and I'm not even hot or cranky! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I loved the white, carnation pink, frost blue, and grey colors. I really liked the beach decor with the white and blue candles in the sand and shells. The pink, grey, and white tablescape was also beautiful. I thought the beeswax tapers looked fantastic.

I thought it was hilarious when Martha said she sells those marble patterned dishes at Macy's.

Honored Contributor

I have seen bark covered candle holders at Marshalls, but not an actual candle.

I will stalk for some "As Is"

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

I loved the white, carnation pink, frost blue, and grey colors. I really liked the beach decor with the white and blue candles in the sand and shells. The pink, grey, and white tablescape was also beautiful. I thought the beeswax tapers looked fantastic.

I thought it was hilarious when Martha said she sells those marble patterned dishes at Macy's.

@Alison Wonderland I caught that too. At first I thought she just picked them up there, but I think you are right....they are HER dishes! She is always selling, selling, sellilng. Probably why she is worth a whole lot more than I am! Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@AussieLuvr wrote:

I ordered the tapers because honestly, I've been looking for something like these for two years.Most of the tapers out there are very fake looking.

But that's not why I'm writing. Am I crazy or did I just hear Martha say that everything she makes is so beautiful that everyone wants it - either as a gift or to purchase?

Not a particularly humble thing to say!

@AussieLuvr.  Depends on who you're comparing her to.  If its Susan or Lori G., she's humble.  Besides humility is not a trait possessed by Q vendors.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment