Esteemed Contributor

Martha's Candles

[ Edited ]

I was watching the Martha candle show and am not wowed over!!   First ... the colors....I was thinking they would be more harvest-like since we are nearing that time of the year.  Second ... the price....WOW...not what I want to spend for another flameless light for my house!!

But what I thought was really strange is Martha going thru the intricate details of a "luminara" type of candle.   Has she not watched all the candle presentations on QVC??   So  many "luminara" style candles.....
         A bit of a weird presentation...and I did not get a good pairing with Martha and Amy.  They kept cutting each other off!!  Finally changed channels....

Respected Contributor

i am enjoying it.

got the pillars.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Frequent Contributor

I agreed with every comment you made.  I am surprised QVC allowed Marth to "hone in" on the Luminara brand.  She must be living under a rock in Bedford, NY because as you know "she JUST discovered this NEW techology.  So funny how "wow" she is with all of it.  In my opinion, not only are these very expensive, Luminara stands on it's own and did not need the association with Martha.

Honored Contributor

I like the candles, and the Amy Martha combination.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind.

Occasional Contributor
Totally agree with Corita...I used to be such a fan of Amy’s but I can’t watch her anymore; pairing her with Martha does not work IMO.
Esteemed Contributor

Martha made a small snide comment about how her candles can be enjoyed from every angle and don't have an uneven look......

I liked the Woodland ones....but I think they are overpriced

Super Contributor

I ordered the tapers because honestly, I've been looking for something like these for two years.Most of the tapers out there are very fake looking.

But that's not why I'm writing. Am I crazy or did I just hear Martha say that everything she makes is so beautiful that everyone wants it - either as a gift or to purchase?

Not a particularly humble thing to say!

Honored Contributor

I was out this afternoon and missed the show, but just looked at the videos briefly online. 

I have to say, it was great to see something different, but I didn't like any of it enough to buy. Most were really not my style or if there was a style I liked, I didn't like the colors. 

My first though of the lanterns was 'boring' but a good look at them and I definitely would use those and appreciate the style, just not going to pay those prices.

I'm not a fan of Martha Stewart, so I don't know how much that is coloring my opinions, but there was just too much pastel for me, as I just don't use those colors at any time of the year.

But again, it was great to see something different.

Trusted Contributor

I caved and purchased the birch and cedar candles.  I've been wanting something like that for awhile.  Whenever I find a birch flameless candle it always seems to be in the $50.00 range.  While these weren't inexpensive I think it's not that bad for three candles with a remote.  Besides, I decorate in a more woodsy theme so these will go nicely with what I already own.