Honored Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart

[ Edited ]

Martha was not her usual enthusiastic self and sat the entire time which is unusual.  Keep in mind that she is about 80* years old now.  We expect so much of her.

**** Martha was 81 last month.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@jlkz wrote:

@dogmom7 

She may not be feeling well, had a long / tiring trip in, and she is getting up in years.  I would give her a break.

Didn't see the show, but she lives in CT.  Hardly a long, tiring trip to the Philly area.

Am I missing something? Seems to me Martha's sitting on her own couch skyping in. 

I don't think anyone would ever describe Martha as having a warm and fuzzy personality.

Respected Contributor

@dogmom7  This is Martha's usual style of presentation. It's a shame no one warned Terri about that. In the beginning they did talk about the fact they have not worked together before. Terri is starting to pick it up. Alberti usually carries it when he is doing the hosting with Martha. I really like the items she is presenting today - especially the gold items. The wreath and garland are also very pretty. And, I thought the cast iron owl with the candle was versatile and not too expensive. If I were decorating for Halloween specifically, I could go for the spider webs and spiders, too. 

Occasional Contributor

She has sat for the last three shows.  And yes, when she's raking in that kind of money - we have a right to expect a lot of her.  If she can't do it, then someone else should do it for her.  It's painful to watch, sorry.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

@jlkz wrote:

@dogmom7 

She may not be feeling well, had a long / tiring trip in, and she is getting up in years.  I would give her a break.

Didn't see the show, but she lives in CT.  Hardly a long, tiring trip to the Philly area.

@RespectLife  She lives in New York.

@proudlyfromNJ 

You are correct, my error....her first farm was in Westport, CT.  She sold it in 2007.

She is in Bedford, NY now...Westchester County...STILL NOT a long, tiring trip to QVC if she was live on show.

Respected Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

@jlkz wrote:

@dogmom7 

Am I missing something? Seems to me Martha's sitting on her own couch skyping in. 

I don't think anyone would ever describe Martha as having a warm and fuzzy personality.

@pupwhipped  So true. Not fuzzy. The only times I've seen her joyous and animated is with SnoopDog. They are really funny together. Hmm...

She's just a very reserved personality. But, I have to say I've never purchased one of her items that I found poor quality. So her products speak for themselves. She doesn't have to deliver a performance. 

Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately she always comes off as being disinterested. Regardless of host, time of day, and product. Why would anyone want to purchase an item from any of products when she clearly does not want to be there. 

Honored Contributor

@dogmom7 wrote:

She has sat for the last three shows.  And yes, when she's raking in that kind of money - we have a right to expect a lot of her.  If she can't do it, then someone else should do it for her.  It's painful to watch, sorry.

@dogmom7    That strictly HER DECISION, isn't it?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

My husband and I only watched for a few mins and both of us commented on how disinterested Martha looked.....she could certainly have summoned up a bit more enthusiasm for her products

Frequent Contributor

I initially ordered the owl but then cancelled it.  I'm not sure that I like that it is open in the back.  I'm hoping they post a video for the product so I can see it better.