Respected Contributor

I caught a little bit of her earlier, she is a hoot sometimes to watch, I agree. 

She seems more comfortable with garden vs fashion.

I think she comes off a little snotty sometimes, but that is just Martha. She would not be doing this at all if she did not enjoy any of it and thought it was a waste of time. 

-Texas Hill Country-
Esteemed Contributor

I am impressed with her knowledge of her products....and when she says she uses something...i pretty much believe her.......................i just googled her age and she is 77 it stated............How great she looks, acts, and seems so strong and independent..........lucky her!!!

And i am always amazed at how she wears those high

wedge shoes!!!...

Respected Contributor

@cbrite wrote:

I think she's in better shape than the Hosts, lol....I get a kick out of her 😊.... She's 1 strong lady I must say! 

I laughed the entire time she and Antonella were presenting that pressure washer this evening. When it kept on working, I cried when they started giving reasons why and kept trying to figure out what was wrong with it. It could have went south but the producer saved them. I loved how Martha and Antonella kept it humorous.  I would have picked up one but had already purchased my mom one Smiley Very Happy

Super Contributor

She’s a horsewoman..it keeps you strong...CHORES...and around the farm...I know she has people..but betting she does plenty herself...because we horsey folk like chores!!!!

Valued Contributor

Re: Martha Is A Hoot !!!

[ Edited ]

She has a show on my local PBS channel, "Martha Bakes." My husband asked me recently, " how come you don't bake like that?" Me, "honey, when I have to break out a ruler, a pencil and parchment paper to perfectly make a cake, it's the day I've lost my mind!" If Duncan Hines doesn't do it for you, I'm clearly not your gal!" We laughed.

She's fabulous, but there aren't enough hours in the day for me to keep up with Martha - and I won't even try! LuLu

Honored Contributor

Re: Martha Is A Hoot !!!

[ Edited ]

I feel this is the "secret" to her (and others in life) :

They have a passion for what they do & I do enjoy her!  I have learned many things from her over the years from homemaking to baking to entertaining to crafts & more😁

And yes, she is comfortable in selling and I'd be comfortable buying her things as she truly does "care" her name is associated with it!  I have many pieces of her original KMart kitchen/bakeware, decor & everyday things. 

I thoroughly enjoy her PBS cooking/baking shows just wish she still had her daytime show, lifestyle and baking books -- eventhough she's a perfectionist she still can be your "neighbor next door"...boy, I wish she was😉

and funny thing I forgot when my friends call for any homemaking questions -- they say "Hi Martha I have a ?" lol

Contributor

She’s a snob

Trusted Contributor

Martha Stewart is one of my favorites. She has taught me so much through her television shows, books, and Real Simple magazine. She honors those that grow the food, make it available to us, and provide suggestions on their use.  She highlights so many other experts  on her show and demonstrates how one is always a learner. Loved it when she had her mother on the shows.  

Honored Contributor

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

I caught a little bit of her earlier, she is a hoot sometimes to watch, I agree. 

She seems more comfortable with garden vs fashion.

I think she comes off a little snotty sometimes, but that is just Martha. She would not be doing this at all if she did not enjoy any of it and thought it was a waste of time. 

@CAMOGIRL.  I think Martha comes across as aloof at times because she is basically shy.  Her first few appearances at the Q were like that.  Then she settled in, got acquainted with the hosts (who seem to enjoy her) and now she's just one of the family.

Did you see her with Antonella this afternoon?  They were really cute together.  Right off the bat, Antonella said, "what thin legs you have".  Martha was wearing skinny pants and she has legs like a stork.  About 80% of her is long, long legs.  They worked well together.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I’ve always loved Martha & her products..... I am so glad she is on QVC🥰