Esteemed Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

@pattypeep wrote:

Personally, I give people in the entertainment industry a pass when it comes to plastic surgery. It's a very competitive business and you have to look good. After a while and after so many surgeries it does start to look pretty obvious, but I guess it becomes addictive, I would think. If I wasn't almost 72, I would get a little ****** and tuck and I'm not entertaining anyone.  LOL

What does age have to do with it?  Sounds strange.  That is why it is being done.  I know a few 40 and 50 year olds doing the botox and fillers.  I would not at that age, find,t need it, but do now at 80.  My once or sometime twice a year tuneup. Y

It has to do with being cautious about going under general anesthetic unless it is absolutely necessary.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Super Contributor

um....Halle Barry and Jane seymour....

Trusted Contributor

I've noticed a change in her the last several years - and not for the better.  I can't really put a finger on it.  Just something about her personality that's very different. 

And what's up with her talons??  Does she think she's 20 again?  It's not an attractive look.  She used to have her nails rounded and much shorter.  Very professional looking and classy.  Now she's just a hot mess, IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

@luv-the-Q I have been a fan of the entire Osmond fan since I was 9 years old, and I have been fortunate to have met her a few times, she is just as she appears on television, very friendly, appreciative of her fans, loves children, and after 3 days of sitting in the front row of one of their concerts, each one of them sought me out to say "Hello" to me, meeting the Osmond family was beyond anything I ever dreamed of!

Valued Contributor

Isn't it wonderful to be able to travel back to that occasion with fond memories ...  I can imagine the Osmonds being exactly as you say ...  Marie especially.  She seems to enjoy being around her fans ...  Marie and Mary Beth Roe could sit for hours talking about Marie's latest dolls describing their sculpture and apparel and tell stories about themselves or their daughters ...  Those were years I enjoyed QVC, and I didn't even have to buy anything ... but not so now.  Since Lisa Robertson left, Joan Rivers passing, the constant repetitive merchandise and annoying hosts, I shop online and I'm out of there.  The hosts are either slick or wanna be tv personalities.  Nothing I want to sit and listen to for ten minutes no less an hour ...  Cherish those happy memories with the Osmond family.  

Trusted Contributor

@CareBears Thank you for telling me that.  I just knew that family was genuinely sweet, caring and friendly.  Now you have confirmed it.  I think Marie's beauty comes from the inside out.  She is a sweet soul.

Esteemed Contributor

@luv-the-Q My daughter was between 9-11 years old,  the one time we went to see Marie, Marie walked right past all the adults and went right to my daughter, she genuinely loves children, and a few weeks later we saw her at another event where security told us that we could not have my doll signed, and I quote Marie, "But these are my friends, what is one doll being signed going to hurt", and Donny came out to the end of the stage the 2nd night of our 3 night concert series and said "Well Hello Again", and Jimmy sang "You are so beautiful" to me when I was 17 years old and kissed me smack dab on the lips!

I had my expectations set pretty high for the family, but the kindness they showed me and my family was beyond even what I expected, they are beautiful souls inside and out!

And I do not think it had anything to do with the large puddle of drool that developed or my tongue lolly gagging off to the side being that close to Donny, LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

@leighagemini wrote:

She looked ridiculous the other day with those gold pointy claws

I love Marie.   She is beautiful inside and out.  THe song she sings to her son makes me tear up every time.  I think she has been through a lot.  I give her a lot of credit---BUT I have to agree about the nails.  Totally out of style.  

Contributor

I grew up watching the Osmond family on the Andy Williams show and watching Donny and Marie on their show.  Donny and Marie's Las Vegas show is excellent; it brought back alot of fond memories from back in the day.

Honored Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

Personally, I give people in the entertainment industry a pass when it comes to plastic surgery. It's a very competitive business and you have to look good. After a while and after so many surgeries it does start to look pretty obvious, but I guess it becomes addictive, I would think. If I wasn't almost 72, I would get a little ****** and tuck and I'm not entertaining anyone.  LOL

Fact is! Most celebrities look freaky after plastic surgery.