Esteemed Contributor

Re: Many of you are buying more than one

@golfcartrider wrote:

@febe1  Another tactic is we only have 2000 left or we are down to  a couple thousand or there are only 200 left for the whole planet. Have you ever noticed that 2000 or 200 seems to be the magic number for what is left. As you said, the desperation in their voice says it all.

Yep, that's a good number.. They have thousands of them: how about "don't call tomorrow and expect the same price." "these won't be back until 2017." "get your white ones now." 

It's that final push to those who might be on the fence. 

I don't like that hard sell when they say,"come on now, it's only $2.95 to get home and try." It's actually funny when you think of it. 8)

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

When I hear many of you are buying more than one, I often think

Good for you although I can't imagine why :-)

Maybe they think if someone is buying two, maybe others will buy l/2 dozen. 8)

Esteemed Contributor

@febe1 but carefully forget the S&H to get it home, plus the EZ pay, plus $6.95 if you don't like it and send it back.

Most of the time, I just don't watch.  I'll check online and see if I'm interested in anything - right now, nope, nada.

As others have also said, I find the presentations less interesting, too, so why should I stress myself out watching programming I don't like?

Trusted Contributor

While I agree it is a sales tactic, so what?  QVC is a retailer in the business of making sales.

Besides, I am not sure it is totally disengenuous.  We have all heard the live callers who have purchased multiple items to give to famiy members, friends, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

While I agree it is a sales tactic, so what?  QVC is a retailer in the business of making sales.

Besides, I am not sure it is totally disengenuous.  We have all heard the live callers who have purchased multiple items to give to famiy members, friends, etc.

Well, why should anybody believe you that the calls are genuine and not solicited calls.  

Regular Contributor

I remember hearing this for a lip gloss set:  "We're not getting anymore back- once it's gone it's gone".  Well, it sold out but went on wait list.  Waitlist? It just made me wonder....did they get more back or did they resend -what THEY considered unused from peoples returns?  Kind of gross!  

Super Contributor

I smile when I hear a host say "The (color, size, etc.) is most popular. If you want it, get on the ( phone, computer, tablet, etc.)." Then you check the item hours later, and it's still available. Well, I guess it wasn't so popular after all. Things just don't sell out on QVC like they used to years ago.

Honored Contributor

@WSfan wrote:

I smile when I hear a host say "The (color, size, etc.) is most popular. If you want it, get on the ( phone, computer, tablet, etc.)." Then you check the item hours later, and it's still available. Well, I guess it wasn't so popular after all. Things just don't sell out on QVC like they used to years ago.

Whenever I hear them pushing a color as almost gone, grab this quickly, etc. that's how I know no one is buying that color and they have tons. It's very often white.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Occasional Contributor

I smirk when they say we have 1,000 left but remember QVC is in millions of homes. Haha who falls for that scare tactic. Bless their hearts. Gotta sell it somehow. Anyhow. Anyway. I still love QVC tho Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

It must work for the most part or they would quit doing it. I can only imagine the returns they get....