Honored Contributor

Re: Many complaints from QVC shoppers about receiving used fashion items

Like they do at Kohls and Macys and Sears and Saks and Nordstrom?

Respected Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

Like they do at Kohls and Macys and Sears and Saks and Nordstrom?

At least in B&M stores, you can inspect items to be sure they're in good shape before purchasing.

Respected Contributor

I agree with some of you regarding receiving returned items. I know afew years ago

QVC had outlet stores. Do they still have any around? I am sure that is where they

re-sold their returns. I don't mind buying returns, if they are noted AS IS, but not if 

I believe they are first run items. The price should be reflected as returns if that is 

what they are. As the old saying goes Nothing Stays The Same. I miss the old days.

Honored Contributor

I can't imagine any retailer not selling returned items.  It happens all the time in my world--good for you if it doesn't in yours.  I do think retailers should be careful about what they accept as returns, but after that, it's fair game.

I don't take what they say as a hard promise about every item being unused.  I'm sure the great majority are unused from QVC FAR FAR more than from a retailer in your town.  If you ever take something back, you should expect to buy others' returns as well. . . 

Honored Contributor

I don't buy many clothing items from QVC anymore, but I can say that it the past, I did receive some items that I could tell had been previously worn. 

The packaging was messed up...or there were signs someone had tried the item out...like hair on the clothing!  ick!

Honored Contributor

I can't help think this is not a widespread problem.  I have received literally hundreds of Q clothing items, and have never gotten anything that is less than pristine...no  Kleenex or mints in a pocket, make-up stains or perfume odors.  I sometimes wonder if people sabatoge their items so they can return them free.  @alliswell  Until this happens to me, I'm not sure it is fabricated baloney.  I've  even bought "as is" items that show no sign of use.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I can't help think this is not a widespread problem.  I have received literally hundreds of Q clothing items, and have never gotten anything that is less than pristine...no  Kleenex or mints in a pocket, make-up stains or perfume odors.  I sometimes wonder if people sabatoge their items so they can return them free.  @alliswell  Until this happens to me, I'm not sure it is fabricated baloney.  I've  even bought "as is" items that show no sign of use.

Just because you have never received something worn before does not mean it does not happen.  And to essentially accuse someone of sabotage or fabricating the story is pretty low.  But then as far as you are concerned, QVC can do no wrong.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

@katiescarlett wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Just because you have never received something worn before does not mean it does not happen.  And to essentially accuse someone of sabotage or fabricating the story is pretty low.  But then as far as you are concerned, QVC can do no wrong.

@katiescarlett  I'm sorry you are incapable of recognizing an attempt to be fair to QVC and are so narrow-minded that you're unable to comprehend what your fellow shoppers may be doing.  Nobody accused anyone of anything but the possibilities are endless.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Where are these "many" complaints?? 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't buy clothes anymore from QVC but I do buy jewelry and just last week I received very promptly the polished textured rolo bracelet, it was $600 plus on clearance and on easy pay, 15.9 grams of gold. I wanted it for my sisters birthday 7/5 but upon inspection of the bracelet, it was an obvious return, dented in so many of the links, and not a little dent, huge dents. Sadly I returned it. I wanted it as I own the small one and my sister is always grabbing my hand. I will look for something locally.