Honored Contributor

Re: Male Hosts doing Womens fashion!

A good host ought to be able to present any type of product.  I remember years ago when Kathy Levine sold a fishing rod.   Talk about a duck out of water, but she did just fine.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

In presenting fashions, a host needs to be qualified. Some men aren't great at it; neither are some women.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, @ScarletDove!  I always find Alberti to be well prepared for his shows and, I think in the cases of fashion shows, he knows he needs to have and communicate the info of interest.  I think in some cases he does a better job of giving details than the female hosts, who seem more interested in entertaining us.  As for the other male hosts I can’t comment as it relates to fashion.  I think the Q recognizes the strengths of their hosts regardless of gender and schedules accordingly.

Trusted Contributor

Yes I have seen men make-up artists, but usually that is their product they are trying to sell.  To each their own.  

Honored Contributor

Alberti is very well rounded as he knows much about not only for men, the house, cooking, food, but he's very well versed in what's up in the women's world too. He knows fashion, beauty, he does his homework, knows and understands what we like, what we need and Alberti is not afraid to talk about what we love, and sell us what we love.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ScarletDove

Alberti does a good job no matter what the assignment!  But Id love for him to not just present home decor, but have a show where he decorates his home like LR used to do.......Alberti is so talented in home decorating, very professional and informative in all his shows!

I remember one time a female host wasn't feeling well and went home and Rick was left doing Breezies--Now you might expect that he would have acted silly, but he did a good job...

And I remember a long time ago someone posted a You Tube video of Dan Wheeler hosting women's fashions.....

A lot of the designers are male--Louis DellOlio , David Dangle, Bob Mackie, Isaac Mizrahi, Gary with D&C  etc etc....so I dont have problem with male hosts presenting women's fashions.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I don’t understand the question.  I love Alberti.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate

Honored Contributor

@phluphy wrote:

Yes I have seen men make-up artists, but usually that is their product they are trying to sell.  To each their own.  

@phluphy, there are tons of independent male make-up artists.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@phluphy wrote:

I don't mind fashions but not the beauty shows...how do they know about lipstick and foundations and other beauty supplies.  Leave it to the ladies....just my opinion.

Being on TV the men DO wear makeup as do some men in daily life. Welcome to the 21 century!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown