Respected Contributor

Re: Make a prediction please

More of the same and worse in some cases. Same old tired vendors (susan graver, logo, temptations, etc.).  Higher shipping and item prices. Changing time spots or adding new younger hosts won't fix it for most viewers. Hard sell, screaming, silly, air head hosts and vendors just don't do it for me. I will be watching even less QVC this year. TSV that aren't values at all.  So I don't see all that much changing for QVC.  They are stuck in a rut and don't seem to want to make the changes necessary to pull themselves out of it.

Respected Contributor

It is hard for me to make a prediction, but if there is change for 2019 I expect it to be very slight and gradual.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No predictions.  

I'm happy about host and time switches.  I'll see how that works for me. 

Honored Contributor

I think they are going to run into problems due to their refusal to give free S&H and returns and their price increase in general. The only thing that saves them is the easy pay, but when people are spending 10 dollars or more to try on and return clothes, well that isn't going to work for me.

Honored Contributor

A lot of the hosts are a turn-off to me, but that isn't my main issue.  The cost of shipping and even worse the cost of returns has me vowing not to shop much at QVC in the coming year.  Many items do not turn out to be what you expect so it is over $10. to do a return since original shipping isn't refunded now for several years.  I'll continue to shop online, but at stores that provide a prepaid return label or that have a store nearby that I can do an easy return.  For fashions, I only buy Linea, but my size is so often sold out and not restocked that I am buying my clothing elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

I'm not hopeful for any improvement.  Seems to be going downhill.  Quality is no longer there.  Very few hosts act professional like they did years ago.  The shipping costs are a dealbreaker -- that's for sure.

I agree.  Q has been going downhill for 8+ years and I don't see them making any changes to that pattern.   

I always compare prices before buying.  99% of the time, products cost less elsewhere, come with a promo code, and offer free and fast shipping.   

Honored Contributor

@santorini wrote:

I predict more My Pillows, Temptations, sheet sets, vacuum cleaners and Happy Dances.  Smiley Happy

Agreed.  The My Pillow guy is known for not being very good to employees and believes many things that are anti-worker.... low pay, low to no overtime pay, low benefits, etc.  He can't do all he believes now because they're still regulated.  But if he could, he would.  I choose where I spend my money and I wouldn't spend a nickel on anything of his.