Trusted Contributor

Re: Mailman Ordering for me?

I have received 4 different orders I never ordered in the last year.  I called CS and they said they would note it and for me to return the item.  This is a hassle and I do not understand how this can be happening either.  I am a size small and the last item I received was a 2x, so when I called and the rep was questioning if I forgot I ordered it ( can you believe that, lol) I told her I would never think I was a size 2x for heavens sake and no I am not suffering from Dementia.  

Seems like somewhere at the QVC ordering station or TI support there is a problem.

Frequent Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Angels&Ladybugs

I have a dog and a couple of cats, too.  No self-respecting dog would be caught dead on the phone.  It was definitely one of the cats!😂

As for needing a PIN number with a phone order, there are two ways to order by phone.  Either using a live customer representative, in which case you do not need a PIN.  Or by using the automated phone system, which lets you enter either a PIN or the last four digits of the number on your account.  If the mailman had broken in and was ordering from your phone, he would have known the last four digits!  So there you have that part of the  mystery solved.🤣🤣

Definitely my girly girl cat! Smiley Happy I suppose he forgot that he broke in to order so he could steal it, because he delivered it and left. Smiley LOL

Frequent Contributor

@Calcgirl wrote:

I have received 4 different orders I never ordered in the last year.  I called CS and they said they would note it and for me to return the item.  This is a hassle and I do not understand how this can be happening either.  I am a size small and the last item I received was a 2x, so when I called and the rep was questioning if I forgot I ordered it ( can you believe that, lol) I told her I would never think I was a size 2x for heavens sake and no I am not suffering from Dementia.  

Seems like somewhere at the QVC ordering station or TI support there is a problem.

It is very frustratiing isn't it? And yes, I do believe the rep asked if you forgot that you ordered a 2X.  I wonder could it be just 1 rep that gave the excuses about the hairspray and necklace from someone earlier, spoke to you and to me, or could there possibly be more than one CS rep at this huge company who says these things?  Certainly not because they would "never do such a thing" and "Jane Doe has talked to CS 1 billion times and NEVER had this happen!!"   We must have all gotten the same woman. Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Spoiler

Trusted Contributor

A couple years ago I received a pair of earrings that I did not order. They were very pretty and matched a pendant I did order. It really made me question if HAD ordered them lol

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Angels&Ladybugs.  When you place a phone order, you must enter your PIN number.  How could anyone but you have known this unless you've "loaned" it to someone else?  I can understand how the CS person could have doubted you.  I don't know how or why QVC could have sent you a cosmetic set by "accident".

In the future, it makes reading easier if you break your post into paragraphs.

Why don't you get it?   She DID NOT place the order.   Mistakes happen; why don't you people realize how messed up QVC's entire computer system is?   Good grief, they can't even keep this website up for more than 2 days. 

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I dislike it very much when some poor soul has an account with a company and the company service reps, instead of just fixing it, blames the customer, and furthermore alienates them with baseless accusations. 

Have they lost their minds...forgotten basic economics for their company? 

Here's some simple math: 

Customer is a return customer with a company, spends a fortune over the course of years, shopping with the same company multiple times. 

Customer discovers mistake or has an issue with something and calls company. 

Rep picks up and responds rudely, or is completely unhelpful for one reason for another. 

What could have been an opportunity (there's that word QVC likes hosts to use) to help the customer and foster future business and build confidence in the company, (which would enrich the company AND help the customer) becomes an unnecessary fiasco which causes said customer to lose trust that the company will handle even the simplest requests in the future fairly. This makes people nervous. Nervous people don't like to shop with companies who make them nervous and they spend less.

The problem literally could have been solved in so many cases for the cost of return shipping covered by the company. So they are willing to lose potentially thousands of  dollars in potential sales over the frequently less than $10 it would take to fix it? 

SMH. I recently was sent a pack of Temp-tations (weighing 11 lb) that I did NOT order. 

They were supposed to send me a stock pot, which I might add, weighs much less.

-I ended up in an argument which was not what I as expecting. It took that to get my needs met. I have learned the only way sometimes to get satisfaction with Q is to come on here and post when they screw up, and the mods handle it like the CS reps *should have* and the mods are not rude. 

I am sorry this ridiculous situation occurred in your day. Sounds very frustrating. Shopping is meant to be a pleasant experience, especially for us women. Smiley Happy 

And to those claiming she made this up...not nice. If you were right, then it would change nothing, but when you're wrong about someone, it's mean and hurtful. 

Best to assume the best about individual people. They usually mean well. 

Blessings. 

Super Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Angels&Ladybugs wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Angels&Ladybugs.  When you place a phone order, you must enter your PIN number.  How could anyone but you have known this unless you've "loaned" it to someone else?  I can understand how the CS person could have doubted you.  I don't know how or why QVC could have sent you a cosmetic set by "accident".

In the future, it makes reading easier if you break your post into paragraphs.

I had no idea how phone orders work until I called to tell them I did not place this order.  I don't have a pin since I have never ordered by phone.

I totally get the rep doubting me at first because I'm sure they hear all kinds of crazy stuff, but the incident as a whole does not make sense and a simple, "We are sorry this happened, just return and we will refund everything" would have gone a long way.

In retrospect, I am glad it happened because I learned how they store cc numbers and am much more vigilant by checking that part of my account everyday to prevent it from happening in the future.

And thanks for the tip about the paragraphs. Smiley Happy

@Angels&Ladybugs I repeat,  you cannot place an order without a PIN number!

As others have stated you absolutely do not need a PIN unless using automated ordering. Guaranteed Kachina won't come back and apologize for being so obnoxious and insistent about incorrect information. OP point exactly...just own up when you are wong and apologize.

Trusted Contributor

@perfectstain wrote:

....And to those claiming she made this up...not nice. If you were right, then it would change nothing, but when you're wrong about someone, it's mean and hurtful. 

Blessings. 

Some people on this forum take pride in how hateful they can be.   Their sneering, self-absorbed posts tell me everything I need to know.   (And thanks for yours; a little kindness goes a very long way nowadays.) 

Frequent Contributor

@SarahW wrote:

@perfectstain wrote:

....And to those claiming she made this up...not nice. If you were right, then it would change nothing, but when you're wrong about someone, it's mean and hurtful. 

Blessings. 

Some people on this forum take pride in how hateful they can be.   Their sneering, self-absorbed posts tell me everything I need to know.   (And thanks for yours; a little kindness goes a very long way nowadays.) 

How kind of you Sarah and Perfect and many others on the thread.  The original post was only meant as a warning about stored credit cards and a chuckle about how outlandish some customer service reps can be.  I knew I couldn't be alone and many others posted about their experiences, funny, aggravating and everything in between.

I'll admit, at first I was a little taken aback by the rudeness of some posters and the unwillingness to actually read what happened before passing incorrect judgement.  Then I realized that there are many sad and miserable people in the world and I can only feel sorry for anyone who automatically assumes the worst or the negative.  It must feel awful inside.

You are so right, kind words go so far for all concerned.

Happy days and blessings! Smiley Happy 

Esteemed Contributor

@Angels&Ladybugs wrote:

@SarahW wrote:

@perfectstain wrote:

Blessings. 

How kind of you Sarah and Perfect and many others on the thread.  The original post was only meant as a warning about stored credit cards and a chuckle about how outlandish some customer service reps can be.  I knew I couldn't be alone and many others posted about their experiences, funny, aggravating and everything in between.

I'll admit, at first I was a little taken aback by the rudeness of some posters and the unwillingness to actually read what happened before passing incorrect judgement.  Then I realized that there are many sad and miserable people in the world and I can only feel sorry for anyone who automatically assumes the worst or the negative.  It must feel awful inside.

@Angels&Ladybugs wrote:

@SarahW wrote:

@perfectstain wrote:

Blessings. 

Computers have messed us up in many ways.  I feel anything can happen with one glitch.   Not necessary to slam OP because the story don't sound right to you.   @Angels&Ladybugs  When people are mean and ugly to mme, I jot down there name, and I refuse to ever respond to them again.   I hopenone of mine came across that way because I was trying to be funny , not mean.   Most posters on here are really nice, but as in most groups