Esteemed Contributor
 Data Breach Alert 

Macy's discloses an unauthorized access of personal information 

Payment card number, security code, and expiration date among data which may have been accessed 

Respected Contributor

Re: Macey Shoppers Please Read

@BalletBabe:  Thank you! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Macy's website was breached in October, with hackers swiping information on some customers as they shopped online, according to the retailer.

"We are aware of a highly sophisticated and targeted data security incident related to macys.com that affected a small number of customers during a one-week period in October," the company said in an email. "Affected customers have been notified and will receive additional information, including instructions on how to enroll in consumer protection services at no cost."  

The customer information potentially exposed in the cyberattack include name, address, phone number, email address, credit card number and security code, the retailer said.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@Diva on The Q   They sent me a email.  Luckily I haven't bought anything from them in months.   I think we all need to watch our cards closely at this time of the year.   

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:

Your welcome!!

Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@Diva on The Q   They sent me a email.  Luckily I haven't bought anything from them in months.   I think we all need to watch our cards closely at this time of the year.   

@BalletBabe: I haven't received an email. But I will keep a close eye on my account/card.  

Honored Contributor

I don't know about you, but I'm going a little nuts watching all around me getting out of the car in parking lots, looking for suspicious people in crowds, paying attention to bad/speeding drivers, checking my accounts every day for over charges or lack of promised refunds, growing eyes in the back of my head to stay aware and keep up with which stores/sites, etc. are getting hacked and did it affect me. 

It's exhausting!!

Honored Contributor

Ugh...just great I just placed a online order last night😳

I haven't shopped Macy's in years but free shipping @ $25 I ordered DIL christmas gift ...I'm keeping my 🤞🏻 now.

Thank you @BalletBabe  for posting .

Trusted Contributor

Big thanks @BalletBabe , for the info.  I hadn't heard a peep about this incident.  In fact, was going to head over there just now to browse the shoes.  I like their INC jeans too.

Will keep an eye on my cards.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus 

@Shanus wrote:

I don't know about you, but I'm going a little nuts watching all around me getting out of the car in parking lots, looking for suspicious people in crowds, paying attention to bad/speeding drivers, checking my accounts every day for over charges or lack of promised refunds, growing eyes in the back of my head to stay aware and keep up with which stores/sites, etc. are getting hacked and did it affect me. 

It's exhausting!!

I remember when checks came out and my Dad paid cash and would not use checks.  CC didn,t exist.  My Dad paid cash for his first house, 11,000 in San Francisco.  No computers, no CC, simpler life.