Honored Contributor

MY MAIN COMPLAINT ABOUT SHIPPING IS EVERY ITEM IN SEPARATE CONTAINER

I'm not wild about shipping charge structure either, BUT my main squeek with QVC is NOT combining items into one box.  I ordered 5 knit 3/4 sleeved little dresses: three to wear around the house, 2 black ones to wear out for errands or a casual dinner.  They came in FIVE STUPID BAGS.  All dumped in a LOVELY pile at my door.  AND the bags were filthy.

ONE nice medium sized box would have held them all.  I don't know any other retailer that does this for same time, multiple items--well Amazon if from different sources-- and I shop a lot from online stores.  Now what is that all about?  Why is their shipping so impaired they can't do this? Or is it just to make money off shipping, 'ya think?  Woman Frustrated

Occasional Contributor

Re: MY MAIN COMPLAINT ABOUT SHIPPING IS EVERY ITEM IN SEPARATE CONTAINER

I totally agree!   I also have issues with the return shipping charge especially if the reason is a variance in sizes .

Trusted Contributor

@drivingmissdaisy wrote:

I totally agree!   I also have issues with the return shipping charge especially if the reason is a variance in sizes .

Boy I couldn't agree more !!!!  I am no longer ordering from the Q as much because of it. The sizes are all over the map, even when you follow the size charts it's hit or miss II   I am just sick of it, I have wasted more money in shipping and return charges over the past two years with this company than any other company I shop with on line.  I have been shopping with the Q since day one and It's just not worth it any more to shop with them.  So sad, but my husband is sure happy !!!!  

Respected Contributor

Thats how they make $.  Five seperate items $15.00, in one box, maybe $6

Honored Contributor

@meem120 wrote:

Thats how they make $.  Five seperate items $15.00, in one box, maybe $6

I'm not sure I'm following you.  You pay $15 whether they ship 5 bags or 1 box.  They are losing money (or profit) by not using 1 box.

Trusted Contributor

Once again, we have complaints about QVC by people who have no idea about how its warehouses re set up or how logistics work.

First, this complain assumes that you have an individual order picker picking all of your purchases at once.  It assumes all items come from the same location within the same warehouse.  This simply does not take into account how most warehouses are set up.

While you may be ordering five of a particular item (in different colors or sizes), the individual pieces may be coming from different areas withi one warehouse or from different warehouses altogether.  It is simply quicker and more efficient to packge the items separately for shipping.  To pack them all in one container would require more labor and ultimately raise shipping prices.

Respected Contributor

While I'm trying to figure out what exactly your complaint is about, I have to say I don't care how they ship it as long as I get it.  I don't order multiples often, but when I do I get mine in one package.  Not sure why my experience is different.

Respected Contributor

When I order multiple items with ONE ORDER NUMBER they usually come in one box or sack. I have started doing this so that all the items have the same invoice and thus one or multiple returns can go on the same $6.95 shipping label. 

Honored Contributor

When people pay shipping on each item individually, they complain if the shipper puts everything in one package.  It would seem they're damned if they do, damned if they don't.  No way to please everybody.  I think if they're going to ship them together, they need to give a break on shipping costs.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

If Land's End can do it, so can QVC.

I make multiple purchases on one order from LE.

They throw them all in 1 box for approx $10 1-time shipping charge.

What's not to understand?

@KYToby wrote:

Once again, we have complaints about QVC by people who have no idea about how its warehouses re set up or how logistics work.

First, this complain assumes that you have an individual order picker picking all of your purchases at once.  It assumes all items come from the same location within the same warehouse.  This simply does not take into account how most warehouses are set up.

While you may be ordering five of a particular item (in different colors or sizes), the individual pieces may be coming from different areas withi one warehouse or from different warehouses altogether.  It is simply quicker and more efficient to packge the items separately for shipping.  To pack them all in one container would require more labor and ultimately raise shipping prices.