Honored Contributor

🏂 MODS...Just Curious.... 🏂

In view of the blizzard heading your way, I was curious about how the hosts, hostess, vendors & the rest of the employees get to work???  State of emergency has already been called in Pa.

Does QVC headquarters have dorms or bedroom suits for everyone to stay during the storm? 

I've often wondered the same thing about tv news reporters.

I know the show must go on, so I was just curious.

Curiosity killed the cat. Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: 🏂 MODS...Just Curious.... 🏂

Yes,  I'd like to know how Q handles a catastrophic  weather event too.   As I recall,  in the past someone went in a 4-wheel drive and picked staff people up.   Sounds like this storm may be in and out very fast,  which is good.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

"As I recall,  in the past someone went in a 4-wheel drive and picked staff people up."

In a state of emergency, the only vehicles allowed on the roads are state/city snow plow vehicles, police, medical workers & folks who work in hospitals.

In N.J. if you are not any of the above & get caught, you are fined $1000.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

I imagine the vendors will have difficulty getting there too......

Honored Contributor

i don't think it's going to matter much for some of us, as they keep saying that major power outages are likely.

Honored Contributor

For the last couple of days, some of the hosts and vendors have said they bunker down at QVC ahead of the storm so they are guaranteed to have hosts and vendors there already.  I'm not sure if "at QVC" means rooms at headquarters, or hotels within walking distance. 

Honored Contributor

I may be wrong in this, but I seem to recall one of the hosts, years ago, saying there is some type of hotel type building there on the grounds. I think some vendors stay there while in town for their shows, and then hosts can stay during inclement weather also.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

They surely must have accommodations for overnight stays within their buildings. I've often wondered if vendors use such rooms for naps and sleep in between shows. Sometimes there's like 10 hours between shows, which isn't enough time to leave, sleep, get ready, and be back on air. Anybody know?

Honored Contributor

Sandra said if the weather was too bad when she got off, she'd just stay at the hotel.