Trusted Contributor

QVC isn't a designer runway show. It's a television shopping channel. I agree the models should have some kind of personality.

This isn't a Milan runway. It's a TV soundstage.  Big difference.

Honored Contributor

Re: MODEL ON DENIM&co AIDA

[ Edited ]

@BirdieGal wrote:

It's the "aloof model look" 😐

@BirdieGal I don't think so; it's more like the "I have an attitude" look.   I've noticed it for a long time.  It's not attractive. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

They are hired and paid to model the clothing not to be a TV personality.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

They are hired and paid to model the clothing not to be a TV personality.

@KathyPet   They become TV personalities when they step in front of the camera.  There are constant comments here asking about or commenting on the models.  I think they're more universally liked than the hosts. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I doubt the terms of their employment contract says anything about their being a TV Personality in spite of what posters think.  As I pointed out they are not hired by QVC and are not QVC employees.  

Esteemed Contributor

Although not the Q employee, I always thought the Q "chose" which models they wanted. Also, I think the vendors can "choose" which models they prefer for their collections.

I prefer a model who moves and care less for mannequin models which the Q has many. The model should show every angle, show walking and even sitting in clothing. I would like them to show where the waist is. A model should consider it part of her job to professionally show that which she wears. I'm sure they get a good salary and should do a good job like everyone else.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@febe1 wrote:

Although not the Q employee, I always thought the Q "chose" which models they wanted. Also, I think the vendors can "choose" which models they prefer for their collections.

I prefer a model who moves and care less for mannequin models which the Q has many. The model should show every angle, show walking and even sitting in clothing. I would like them to show where the waist is. A model should consider it part of her job to professionally show that which she wears. I'm sure they get a good salary and should do a good job like everyone else.

I am not sure where you heard that QVC chooses the models they work with.  I do not disagree with what you are saying but let us remember that the OP is criticizing the model for not smiling enough.  That is different then saying she does not present the clothing properly.  PResenting the clothing properly is certainly part of her job. Smiling while doing so is not.

If I had to wear D&C clothing in front of millions of people I wouldn't want to smile either.

My personal feeling is that ALL posts about the models, good, bad or indifferent, should be removed by the Mods immediately and a restriction about comments on the models should be added to the community standards.  They are not QVC employees and should not have to be subject to the often mean and demeaning comments posted on these forums.  They are private citizens hired by A agency to model clothes not to be insulted and picked at by the negative Nellie's who are not happy unless they can find something to pick apart.  In fact I,would not be surprised to find that by allowing mean and demeaning comments about the models to be made and remain on these boards QVC might be opening themselves to a law suit for defamation. If I was a model for this agency I would absolutely refuse to model for QVC knowing that my figure, hair style, smile, and God knows what else would be open for attack on a public bulletin board.

That's my opinion and I am sticking with it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KathyPet wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

I am not sure where you heard that QVC chooses the models they work with.  I do not disagree with what you are saying but let us remember that the OP is criticizing the model for not smiling enough.  That is different then saying she does not present the clothing properly.  PResenting the clothing properly is certainly part of her job. Smiling while doing so is not.

If I had to wear D&C clothing in front of millions of people I wouldn't want to smile either.

I didn't hear it anywhere, @KathyPet. It just makes sense to me they pay for the models and should have their choice. They should be able to choose what size models, what height, etc. They're paying. I wouldn't pay to have an agency send me what "they" want.

Since it's not runway modeling and is a shopping channel model, I think it would be nice to smile, although I don't care as long as they do a good job like we're all expected to do for our salary.

Super Contributor

Oh, boo hoo! The models shouldn't be subjected to criticism?

IMO, they are fair game, just like the hosts. 

Aida has actually improved,  She never used to smile, at all!

Esteemed Contributor

The comments on these boards just get meaner and nastier day by day.  Makes you truly wonder what kind of lives these people lead.