Contributor

MISSING!! KitchenAid stand mixers

has anyone noticed that neither the Q or HSN has one single KitchenAid stand mixer in stock? Lots of attachments and other KA stuff, but absolutely NO mixers. Weird. Thoughts?

Honored Contributor

Re: MISSING!! KitchenAid stand mixers

More people are cooking/baking at home during the pandemic, plus supply chains have really been affected.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Contributor

that's what my Mom and I were talking about last night. Supply. But.....Target still has them in stock and some of the other major big box stores do....perhaps they had additional stock to begin with? 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Based on what I've read, they are difficult to find anywhere and have been for a while.  Covid really messed up production.  I think you can find some basic models, but models like the Artisan are harder to find.

Super Contributor

There is also a car shortage. I bought a new car this week. I learned manufacturing has caused short supply of many models. Part of the problem is lack of computer chips. 

I think we are going to see other items in short supply.

Floral Pillow
Esteemed Contributor

@RhondaRena wrote:

There is also a car shortage. I bought a new car this week. I learned manufacturing has caused short supply of many models. Part of the problem is lack of computer chips. 

i think my stand mixer weighs as much as your new car!!  being 70 years old with arthritis...my stand mixer never gets used!!  enjoy your new car!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are certain products that have a limited quantity due to demand-----  computers, laptops, batteries, and even when my Mr. Coffee coffeemaker died, I had a hard time finding a replacement coffeemaker was willing to go with any manufacturer---went to Target, Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond, the grocery store and other retail websites, only one I found was a very basic one with no options just an on and off switch and no automatic shut off....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@RhondaRena wrote:

Yes. We went to buy my DH a new car last weekend and they did not have any 2021's of the model he wanted. We bought a 2020. Got a good price on it but he really wanted a 2021.

Esteemed Contributor

This thread   has me thinking  since items in short supply  , that  I'll have a yard sale this spring of some of my old kitchen applicances and computers .

Respected Contributor

I don't know if there is anything to this but I have had two experiences recently that made me wonder about finding the brands we are used to. I wanted a new clock radio, and it looked like nothing but brands I've never heard of. Nothing mid-range in price, either too cheap or too much. Same thing recently shopping for a small wet dry shop vac. I like to at least buy brands I've heard of.