Respected Contributor

Re: MISSING JILL?

[ Edited ]

I never cared for her.  There have been hosts over the years who I was sorry to see go but she wasn't one of them.  There's no one on QVC that I'd actually "miss."   

Esteemed Contributor

@sashamatthews wrote:

I always knew when Jill was on that it would be a quality show. No giggling, nothing ridiculous ... just a show well done, informative and snappy.  No 97 minutes on one item, if you know what I mean.  I don't care about the chit chat - just do your job.  And that's what Jill did.

@sashamatthews Beautifully said.

Don't watch much anymore, but I always enjoyed Jill. No staring at herself,

or saying she needs one in every color nonsense.  

I wish her well. She was my favorite, now it is Leah.

Esteemed Contributor

Don't  miss  her one bit ,  never cared for her .  Always found her to be a know it all ,  too preachy.  There are other hosts that have left that I do miss,  Kathy Levine comes to mind ,  she was the best and one I feel all  hosts should take a page from IMO 

Frequent Contributor

On some level I do miss her. I liked her no nonsense sense of lets get down to business. I think some of the more seasoned hosts are easier to watch based solely on the fact they are familiar to the audiance. Some of the newer hosts are still trying to figure out their style and trying to get into a comfort zone. It will take time and then they'll be the next wave of fave hosts. 

Esteemed Contributor

It was fun to see the Blue Jean Chef's cooking class last week with Jill as the guest; there's a thread on the topic in the Kitchen forum with a link to the BJC Facebook page if anyone wants to check it out.

Trusted Contributor
@Kitty Galore

I still miss Kathy Levine too. She was the best!
Honored Contributor

At the end, Jill was as much a hard seller as any of them. I used to be a fan years ago, but not so much the last few years. It was time for her to go and it's time for MBR to be on her way too IMO. This hard sell does not flatter any of them, but it just diminishes the credibility of the older hosts because I can remember when there were, credible that is.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

She’s the only host that I actually recall selling me on specific items, including a sterling ring, the Tassi hair holder and soap rockettes. I happen to love all of them so it was a win-win 😀

Trusted Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

I always liked Jill and enjoyed her presentations.   I no longer watch QVC enough to miss anyone.

I think I would also miss her if I watched more often.  Like you, I don't watch enough anymore to miss anyone.  Most of the hosts like Jill, who just get down to business, are on during the day and I can usually only watch at night.  

Respected Contributor

I liked Jill and enjoyed her jewelry shows.  I really don't watch any show on QVC long enough to miss anybody.