Honored Contributor

Re: MEANT FOR ME! ST. PATRICK'S DAY, AND CLIMB THE LADDER OF SUCCESS

On 3/17/2015 stevieb said:

Hey Spurt... As it turns out, the gold show tonight really is gold and is Antonella and Nancy, so it's not all bad... Still, a little of the Irish show in prime time might've been nice. I can only surmise that the merchandise doesn't sell in the volume they now demand or the prices aren't high enough to justify the Q's 'prized' prime time schedule...

{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Just to clear the air... my friend, it's fine to talk sports on occasion, heck we both do... It just seemed a bit like back during the playoff season there might (or might not, depending on one's point of view) have been a tad of unbalanced, uh, reporting...

Wink

But I hope we can just consider it all water under the bridge and I mention it only to say that I really hope no one feels that reasonable discussion of any subject is off limits on my account... And yes, I'm glad to hear that McCoy is back, but honestly, cannot accept on any level that The Third is too... I don't care if he ups his game, I don't want him to up his game... I don't like him and I just want him gone!

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

As for the Q and their delivery... I'm happy to report that it appears all my orders arrived today... I expected the Issac items today, but was really surprised that the other item arrived, in as much as it seemed to have been stuck in Jersey yesterday.... So I'm relatively pleased, though I still think the Issac items took too long to arrive and it appears part of the problem is this handing off thing USPS and UPS have got going...

Probably wise to take a big pass on Bacon Boy's book... some of those to whom you might have given them could very well have regifted them right back to you and really, who wants even a single copy... much less multiples!

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

As for Amy, don't even get me started. She to me is what Courtney is to you... 'Nuff said...

Wink

And agree, if they had the chance to re-hire Miz Robertson, at virtually any cost, they really ought to jump on, because no matter how many sets and models they roll out, and no matter which hosts they've chosen to feature, it just SO doesn't seem to be working all that well... Still, I'd be very surprised if she even wanted to come back at this point...

Yummm... your rigatoni sounds so good... I've been craving Ziti lately, but have been too lazy to make it... I'm thinking I'll have to break down and bake a big casserole, making sure there's enough for leftovers... Like most dishes of that ilk, it's always better the next day...

I really do hope to find my VPH spring things... The truth is, they were never used and it would be a real shame if they never were... And yes, believe it or not, most of the grocery stores around here have pretty decent floral departments and do sell a few seasonal decorations that while not actually floral are close enough, I guess, for them to sell...

As for Dancing with the Stars, I haven't watched it in years but when I saw the promos recently, I guess my question was 'so where are the stars...'? Yep, I think they've pretty much scraped the bottom of the 'star' barrel with this lot! I mean stars? Really?

After a fairly nice day here yesterday, the winds have returned today... Honestly, it's like a wind tunnel around here anymore. I think we're in for a few nicer days before rain returns, you got it, for the weekend... Oh well, I guess it is what it is and as we both KNOW, they can (and often are) always be wrong!

Wink

Hey Stevie....so what are you saying....QVC actually had a REAL GOLD SHOW!!!!....a sure sign of the apocalypse.....{#emotions_dlg.w00t}{#emotions_dlg.w00t}{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

QVC chose to move the rest of the Irish Celebration to QPlus, I checked in there....but they had my "favorite", Courtney as host, so I turned the channel to watch my Spurs lose to the lowly Knicks....{#emotions_dlg.angry}

And I must apologize if I get carried away and talk too much sports....I guess it's part of my DNA{#emotions_dlg.laugh}, but if I go overboard feel free to give me a gentle nudge to tone it down and take it to the sports boards.....Wink

Well I'm happy to hear your orders FINALLY arrived, btw did you remember to tip the Pony Express rider....Wink ...There was one question in the Trivia Pursuit online game that asked how was the first air mail delivered ? and the answer was BALLOONS---so maybe QVC should try that to speed up delivery....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

http://www.wired.com/2010/08/0817us-airmail-balloon/

As for the wreaths at the grocery stores....ours do have a small floral department with real flowers and flower arrangements already made, or made while you wait....and it is nice to treat yourself to some real flowers now and then, but no decorative wreaths or other home decor items.....

And speaking of weather---it's been 2 days now and everyone has been saying where is this humongous rain and thunder storms all the weather forecasters have predicted....all we got was a bit of drizzle for about 5 minutes.....even the weather guy sounded annoyed as he stated that everyone has been asking "where is the rain?"....well...it is a VALID question!!!! And they closed the news with him saying, "if a thunderstorm wakes you up, don't say I didn't warn you".....yeah right....no such luck and there were a few clouds this morning, but they went away and now the sun is shining and the birds are singing....{#emotions_dlg.sneaky} I don't know why they even bother to have these weather people on.....

Enjoy your nice weather while it lasts before the rainy weekend comes your way.....good day to make your Ziti and read a good book. It is supposed to rain here too for the weekend, but I am not holding my breath.....

And from occasionally glancing at Lisa's Facebook Page, I think she's happy where she's at.....Well it seems we have more and more "theme days" in store from QVC...what is that saying, "you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig"....and QVC's programming is nothing more than pig slop.....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Well, Spurt, our 'nice' weather was, as I should've expected, vastly over-rated. It was downright cold today and windy... and I wasn't dressed for it! I can thank the weather morons for that...

And yes, I think balloon delivery is pretty definitely in our future around here... As for delivery yesterday of the item ordered last Tuesday, I suppose a full week really wasn't too bad, but as mentioned, usually when I order Issac stuff, it comes in a matter of days... not over a week... I probably won't be ordering a whole lot down the road, so not likely to be able to really determine if it's uniformly slower or not... And as we well know, it is what it is... because it's their way or the highway... and they're determined to generate revenue from shipping...

I have a couple of orchids, both of which are in bloom right now. The white one has been since before Christmas, and I bought a few cyclamen back around the holidays that have also been blooming since, so while I would often pick up a bunch of cut flowers at the grocery, I've been skipping it lately. I did pick up a small bunch today, but probably should've skipped it again until the flowering plants have bloomed out... I actually got a gorgeous Christmas wreath (fake amaryllis on a grapevine wreath) at Safeway the week before Christmas. It had been pretty pricey but was marked down to half price, so I jumped on it! They don't carry much in the way of faux wreaths, but occasionally will have one or two... but they do have nice flower departments and also sell some lovely vases and things along those lines...

As for La Lisa... yes, I'll gander at her page every once in a while, mainly because I'd like to know what her next 'adventure' will be... She's not said and I'm looking less and less because, overall, her page isn't very interesting... I will say, I honestly don't know why the woman doesn't just take a nice long trip... All these three and four day jaunts just seem like an incredible waste of money, but hey, I guess if you've got it, why not!

Oh, and I can only guess that by now you've seen what an all-star lineup is coming up on the Q for the weekend... Yes, yes, yes... it's the crown prince and....... MORE THAN A BLENDER... Talk about a couple of mines I wish they WOULD close!

{#emotions_dlg.scared} {#emotions_dlg.ohmy} Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Oh for heaven's sake... Four blessed hours of Bacon Boy on tap for tonight... Really? Does anyone actually want to see THAT many hours of this show? And twice a week... And they couldn't find time for an hour of Irish programming in prime time...?

Honored Contributor

On 3/18/2015 stevieb said:

Oh for heaven's sake... Four blessed hours of Bacon Boy on tap for tonight... Really? Does anyone actually want to see THAT many hours of this show? And twice a week... And they couldn't find time for an hour of Irish programming in prime time...?

Stevie....the minds at the Q are truly BAFFLING.....an ENTIRE Sunday of Cooking on the Q....including 4 hours of Bacon Boy (and he just had a show on Wednesday), but QVC couldn't spare a prime time hour to show the Irish Shows for those that work....oh no, let's NOT show something DIFFERENT!!!!.....SHEESH!!! {#emotions_dlg.angry} I know that some people complains about all the sweaters, but each one is a different style...which at least is a refreshing change of diversity rather than the SAME styles from the Q's favorite "designers"---our Lady Of Liquid Knit or Logo ---same qwap over and over and over AGAIN!!! {#emotions_dlg.glare} And in addition to the sweaters the Irish had Waterford Cystal, Belleek (a lamp, vase, basket), jewelry, throws, cookware, perfume, and even watercolor art.....Nice to see something UNIQUE!

I think a lot of people are checking Lisa's FB page to see what she ends up doing....I wonder how many FB friends she will have viewing and commenting on her page, once she makes "the announcement".....

Stevie, you must have a green thumb to be able to grow orchids and actually have them bloom---{#emotions_dlg.w00t}WOW!!! And your Cyclamen is blooming too, as much of a green thumb my aunt had, she couldn't get the Cyclamen to bloom, she had a beautiful healthy plant though...{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

It was so muggy and humid here today you could cut it with a knife (shades of summer to come----YUUUCK)....the weather morons predicted another HUGE rain storm that they say could even bring some flooding....we'll see...and it's supposed to last Friday and Saturday before clearing up on Sunday.....I need to do some grocery shopping, but that might be all I do if the weather is bad...It might be a quiet weekend at home--..I do need to catch up on my reading....and there is a movie I purchased that I might watch too....But I have a crazy friend, and she is like the motto for the post office---neither snow, rain, heat, or night will keep her from shopping....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}. Back in 98 we had this huge rain event....they called it the 100 year flood...because nothing had been seen like it for the past 100 years, and that crazy women called me and said we could head north the rain wasn't too bad up that way, and we could hit some of the small town shops....and so we did!!! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Spurt, supposed to rain and possibly snow here over night and tomorrow... Go figure... and then turn off nicer for the weekend... I guess things changed... IMAGINE that! I honestly don't think I could handle the weather you all get down there... I really don't. As miserable as it is here for much of the year, at least we do get some breaks from the hot, humid mess... I just can't imagine... Not at all happy about tomorrow's forecast as I too have some errands to run and would so prefer to do it tomorrow that over the weekend, when everyone is off... I guess we'll see, but if it's nasty, I guess I'll just wait.

As for my 'green thumb' I actually think it's dumb luck and has as much to do with the exposure I get... We'll see how the cyclamen do in the warmer months, as they actually like it on the cool side, I think... but they've been in nearly constant bloom since December. I've had some luck with orchids, but you know, they're only pretty when they're in bloom. I sometimes think about getting a few and maybe I will when I ever get that awful 'spare' bedroom cleared out...

I too think the nice variety of Irish sweaters is pleasant. I had one in my cart, but ultimately decided I really didn't want to risk the fit... I think you can understand why...

As for those minds at the Q, yes, both baffled AND baffling...

Wink